Complaint Review: Fastmed Urgent Care

• Submitted: Tue, December 04, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, December 04, 2012

• Reported By: Lynn — Houston Texas United States of America
Fastmed Urgent Care
7730 E Mcdowell Rd, Ste 101, Scottsdale, AZ 85257 Scottsdale, Arizona United States of America

Fastmed Urgent Care Will lie to you on the phone to get you to come in Scottsdale, Arizona

*UPDATE Employee: FastMed Response

I was on vacation in Scottsdale and I had a choice of waiting until I got home or going to urgent care. So I called FastMed and asked if they took Aetna and what the charge would be. They told me that for Aetna, there is a copay for urgent care of $50.

So I went there - the office was clean and empty and the staff seemed nice. They took my insurance card and made a copy. After the visit I asked if I should pay the copay and they said they would bill me.

About a month later I got a bill for $143.06!!! I called Aetna and Aetna told me the bill counts towards my deductible, and there is a copay AFTER my deductible (of $10,000!) is met.

I called FastMed back and their response was this: you are the patient and it is your responsibility to know what the bill is, not ours. THEN WHY DID THEY TELL ME IT WHEN I ASKED WHAT THE BILL WOULD BE, THAT THERE WAS A COPAY OF $50?? If they told me they didn't know, or I should check, I would have called Aetna.

That's like telling a customer that a haircut costs $50, then after its done, sticking the customer for a bill for $150.

When I asked to speak to the manager to tell her (Alex) that her front people were giving people wrong information and what they SHOULD be telling people is that they need to check with their insurance companies, she was very unapologetic and frankly, she didn't seem to care and was even quite rude.

If this was any other service, I would complain to the FCC and dispute the charge. But they will go after me and ruin my credit, so I HAVE to pay this bill.

I am so angry - I will NEVER go there again, and you shouldn't go there either. There are tons of urgent cares. Go to a place where people are honest. and won't try to rip you off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2012 09:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fastmed-Urgent-Care/Scottsdale-Arizona-85257/Fastmed-Urgent-Care-Will-lie-to-you-on-the-phone-to-get-you-to-come-in-Scottsdale-Arizon-977754. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fastmed Urgent Care

FastMed Response

AUTHOR: FastMed Urgent Care - ()

Hello Lynn, we appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback about your experience with FastMed Urgent Care and value you as a patient. We strive to improve every patient experience with us and would like to make sure this issue was resoved. In order to better serve you and address your concern, please email our Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Michael Dunn, at Michael.dunn@fastmed.com. Thank you for allowing us to serve you. Reuel - FastMed Urgent Care