Complaint Review: Fat Cow Web Hosting

• Submitted: Thu, December 01, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, December 01, 2011

• Reported By: TheCrowningTouch — Houston Texas USA
Fat Cow Web Hosting

Fat Cow Web Hosting FatCow? FatChance! I responded to a $1.00 offer to host my Christian Website, The Crowning Touch. I was overcharged. Reportedly I was to enter a password to resolve the conflict. It will NOT accept AN Internet

Responding to a solicitation for web hosting I filled out the forms for FAT COW Web Hosting. I specifically did not add or purchase any other services. I have no need of them, and do not desire them.

After submitting my Christian website, The Crowning Touch, I'd expected to see billing of $1.00 for 1-year of hosting, and a $13.99 fee for registering my domain. My billing was over $40.00.

Within five minutes of my sign-up I notified Fat Cow's 24/7 service chat. I explained the problem, and was told by the initial server, Vincent, that I'd ordered the additional services and would be charged for them. I assured him that i had not. After much chatting back and forth with no resolution, I requested to speak to a manager with authority at Fat Cow.

Pearl came on, suggesting she'd attempt to resolve it. She then told me that "I had not "Deselected" additional services. Although she said she's put through the information to "a Billing Specialist" she could provide no assurance my money would be refunded and account cancelled. [continued below]....
.....

I received an email reporting that i was to enter my "Control Panel" for an update. In attempting to do that, I was unsuccessful. Later I attempted again; this time making a movie of my multiple attempts. My final password attempt choice was aversecol3231513ISTHIS. Each attempt i made reported that my password wasn't "STRONG" enough. So even after these attempts, I cannot even review my status.

I simply want my money refunded, my account closed, and will consider Fat Cow a very poor experience.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/01/2011 08:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fat-Cow-Web-Hosting/internet/Fat-Cow-Web-Hosting-FatCow-FatChance-I-responded-to-a-100-offer-to-host-my-Christian-803637. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fat Cow Web Hosting