Complaint Review: Father & Son Moving & Storage

• Updated: Fri, October 26, 2012

• Reported By: Martin — Parker Colorado United States of America
Father & Son Moving & Storage
4744 Forest Street Denver, Colorado United States of America

Father & Son Moving & Storage quotes one price, then cons you into a higher price on your moving day in Denver, Colorado

This company had the best quoted price for our move, so we decided to use them. I gave them a $100 deposit and they sent me a quote via email. A couple days before the move, somebody called and spoke to my wife on the phone. He asked some questions, and gave her a slightly higher quote.

On moving day, they showed up as planned, actually a little early. This is where things got interesting. After looking at everything that needed to be moved, the originally quoted time was increased from 4 hours to 6.5 hours. This is also when an 18% fuel surcharge and a $25 per item shrink wrapping charge were mentioned. The increased time and extra charges almost double the price of the move from the original estimate.

Since it was now almost 9 AM on the one and only day that I had to move, I had no choice but to go with this company, even if it did cost twice as much as they quoted. They had me in a position where they could take advantage of me, and that is exactly what they did.

Because they realized that I was upset by being lied to, they told me that they would do what they could to get the office to discount the fuel surcharge. They ended up backing it down to 9%. I am sure that this is all part of the scam on every move. It just depends how much the customer objects to the increased charges.

The guys that did the moving were ok. They weren't exactly what I would consider to be "professionals", but movers are movers, not brain surgeons. All three of them smoked during the move. All three of them were talking and texting on their mobile phones during the move. They failed to get everything that I wanted moved on the truck, so I had to get a truck to move the rest myself.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2012 09:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Father-Son-Moving-Storage/Denver-Colorado-80216/Father-Son-Moving-Storage-quotes-one-price-then-cons-you-into-a-higher-price-on-your-960423. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Father & Son Moving & Storage