Complaint Review: Father & Son Moving & Storage

• Submitted: Sun, June 21, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, June 21, 2009

• Reported By:Rockaway New Jersey
Father & Son Moving & Storage
194 Frelinghuysen Ave Newark, New Jersey U.S.A.

Father & Son Moving & Storage - holds furniture hostage until ransom is paid (ransom = 2-3x price quoted) SCAM Newark New Jersey

I only wish I read the reviews, so easily found on my search, prior to hiring Father & Son of Newark NJ / New York to move into a 5 room apt - 3 of which are bedrooms. Everything I read in the prior posts happened to me too!!

The job cost more than double then the price quoted, my furniture was held hostage,,,,I helped load and had 3 more people come to assist with the unload!!

Personnel are very personable and give you the distinct impression they are stand-up, honest folks - this couldn't be further from the truth!!! Appraiser arrived with her arm in a sling - stating her adult son knocked her down - for all I know this is part of the scam.

Damage - lots and lots of damage from my grandmother's table, to my mother's secretary, my grill - to the knob on a lamp!! The only things that weren't damage were the things I packed myself!!!

The movers didn't have tools and I was charged the 1 hr it took me to locate the tools they needed!!!

I can't say this enough - avoid Father & Son!!!

Check out this consumer affairs link if you have any doubt:

If you use this outfit --- don't say I didn't warn you!!!!

Tiny tomato
Rockaway, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2009 06:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Father-Son-Moving-Storage/Newark-New-Jersey/Father-Son-Moving-Storage-holds-furniture-hostage-until-ransom-is-paid-ransom-2-3-463503. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Father & Son Moving & Storage