- Report: #386544
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Fathers Choice
Fathers Choice93 Castlian Drive Goleta, California U.S.A.
Fathers Choice Took my money and now wont return my calls Goleta California
*Author of original report: Fathers Choice
Thankfully I used a credit card to pay. Anytime you use a credit card you can challenge the charge up to 2 months later. I paid $649 for the premium package and got a chargeback and the credit card refunded my money. Below is the letter I used to Citibank explaining my reasons.
When we initially spoke with the customer representative at Fathers Choice I signed on for their basic monthly service. During the call I was told if I purchased the optional Premium package for an extra fee I would be entitled to have Fathers Choice handle all the paperwork for my entire divorce. The fee for this service was quite substantial so we spoke at length as to what they would provide. I spoke with two representatives of the company who explained the specifics and they reiterated that it included paperwork for my divorce for as long as the case lasted. This was in June.
During July I used the Premium Service for the first time and received my paperwork as expected. However, when I solicited for my next round of paperwork my calls were not returned. I began sending emails and received responses apologizing that they were under heavy workload and would get back to me in a few days. A few days turned into two weeks and as a result I was forced to go to my court appearance without any paperwork.
Frustrated I called and demanded to speak with someone who could assist me. I spoke with Tom Roper who informed me that they would no longer be able to provide me paperwork for my divorce but instead could only provide paperwork assistance with regards to the child custody portion of my case. I was bewildered. I told them this was the first I had heard of this that my representative had told me the Premium service would handle all the paperwork for my divorce. Mr. Roper apologized for this saying the sales representative had made a mistake when he promised this. He said my sales rep had been terminated as a result of this. He then tried to upsell me and said I could purchase another package that would indeed cover the services that I was seeking!
I am not getting the service that I signed up for and Mr. Roper has admitted that a mistake was made I see no reason why I should not be entitled to a full refund. The basis for my complaint is:
1) Classic Bait & Switch. Promises of one thing then claims that item purchased does not include services followed by solicitations to purchase additional services.
2) Unfulfilled Services. Promises of ongoing services which are initially provided and then degrade into un-returned phone calls and unresponsive delivery. This began almost immediately see example when they took 2 weeks to respond to my request for 2nd round of paperwork. They finally responded by telling me they would not deliver the 2nd round of paperwork at all.
3) Admission by Mr. Roper that my sales rep made false promises as to the scope of the services that I was purchasing. Furthermore Mr. Roper admitted that this sale rep had been terminated because of this.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/30/2008 09:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fathers-Choice/Goleta-California-93117/Fathers-Choice-Took-my-money-and-now-wont-return-my-calls-Goleta-California-386544. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.