Complaint Review: Fathers Choice

• Submitted: Mon, November 10, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, November 10, 2008

• Reported By:forest park Georgia
Fathers Choice
Santa Barbara, California U.S.A.

Fathers Choice Ripped me off from the momment I picked up the phone... Santa Barbara California

I responded online to information regarding assistance finding lawyers. Fathers Choice contacted me with this great opportunity to help me. Told me it would be $10 and they'd have a lawyer contact me and then $49 per month til resolved. Figured ok it's only $10 and I dont start getting billed the $49 til 30 days or until I say "ok" i'm going with them. NO! The very next day I had a hold on $49 at my bank that was being processed by fathers choice.

The next morning after thing about the whole thing and reading all the stuff on the internet I decided no. I called them to cancel (this was before I knew the $49 was already being sent thru). I figured ok, I learned a lesson and I'm out of $10.

Here I am a week later fighting to get my $49 back. I talked to 2 different people to cancel last week, 2 different people today to expalin my story. They are really trying all kinds of angles to see why they would keep my $49 instead of reversing the transaction. They said that the process is done on their end (after a few conversations) and that it would take 3 days to hit my bank??? weird. So this is the beginning of my trials and tribulations to get my $49 back. I will let you know how this turns out.

I can tell you this much. If they say they are verifying your id, verifying with $10, or whatever. When you give them your credit card number, kiss $49 minimum good bye. The keep having these note takers and sales agents types trying to call. No real lawyers. It's a rip off. Sad but they are ripping off men that are trying to do right for their children. The lowest of low lifes here.

forest park, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/10/2008 04:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fathers-Choice/Santa-Barbara-California/Fathers-Choice-Ripped-me-off-from-the-momment-I-picked-up-the-phone-Santa-Barbara-Calif-389840. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fathers Choice