Complaint Review: Fayetteville State University

• Submitted: Tue, February 24, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, August 19, 2004

• Reported By:Fayetteville North Carolina
Fayetteville State University
1200 Murchison Road Fayetteville, North Carolina U.S.A.

Fayetteville State University Rip Off: Misclassified Me as Undergrad Halfway Thru Semester: Puts Unfair Holds On Account: No Refund & Then Charges Me for their Mistake Fayetteville North Carolina

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Fayetteville State University: Incompetence at its Highest

*Consumer Comment: The Good 'ole days are gone

First of all, they have two morons working in the admissions office Fall 2003. I already have a degree and wanted to get my licensure to teach elementary school. The idiots didn't even want to let me in to the University...they kept losing my official transcripts.

When I finally do get in, they misclassify me as an undergraduate and charge me a book fee. By this time, most of the classes I need are already full. It is an act of congress to get them to reclassify me...I am being honest....and instead of rewarding me...they go ahead and tack on the extra graduate student fees: so in essence, I am being punished for having a degree eventhough the classes I am taking are all undergraduate level courses.

All of this is going on during mid term exams and pre registration for next semester...I am told to turn in all my rental books...even though I paid the full book fee for them...they would not refund my money and they put a hold on my account so I could not register for next semester's classes. I return the books to the book rental and they still refuse to take the hold off of my account... I was told this was all of my fault and that they are "very busy".

By the time they get around to removing me, all of the classes I needed are full. Fortunately for me, I have a good advisor who called all of the professors for my classes for this semester and got me in...THANK YOU DR. SHORTER!!! Anyway, this University is a BIG RIPOFF. If you can afford to go somewhere else, you might consider it. It would be less of a hassle and you might get your money's worth.

Dolly
Fayetteville, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2004 05:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fayetteville-State-University/Fayetteville-North-Carolina/Fayetteville-State-University-Rip-Off-Misclassified-Me-as-Undergrad-Halfway-Thru-Semeste-81583. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fayetteville State University

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Fayetteville State University: Incompetence at its Highest

AUTHOR: Dolly - (U.S.A.)

Myself and around twenty other people registered for a certain class that we have to have to graduate or get our licenses in elementary education. The class is cancelled the day we get there because the professor's husband is on some board at the University and it is seen as a conflict of interest. Now who figured that out ABOUT TWO YEARS AFTER THE FACT?

It seems that this may have been know prior to classes starting and rumor has it that the University doesn't want to hire another professor to teach the day class because it itsn't in their budget. Our only option is to take the class at night: which doesn't fit into my budget: more gas going all the way across town (again) every Wednesday to take the night class...and having to pay for a baby sitter because the class is at night and not when the kids are in school. Thanks a lot FSU for another unforgettable semester.

Oh, and one comment about the FSU Bookstore: it is the biggest joke I've ever seen. You can't go in there and buy your books without an escort due to problems with thefts. Also, their return policy stinks...if you are a grad student, you are not eligible for their stupid rental program; however, if you purchase your new books before they issue the rental books, you will not be able to return your books for a refund under any circumstances. What does one thing have to do with other? If the book is new, unopened, and I turn it in within the normal return period, what is the problem? I guess they just want to make everyone stand in line in the hot sun so you can pay for the priviledge of buying your books there. GET A CLUE!!!

The Good 'ole days are gone

AUTHOR: Al - (U.S.A.)

I miss the days when there was an unoffical 'no fail policy' and the fsu financial aid office had the most compentent people there. I had to make an alliance with a professor to make sure i could take classes that i wanted, and my butt was parked in financial aid and veterans affairs every day until everything was as it should be. Sounds like they've went down hill