Complaint Review: Fcnb First Consumers National Bank

• Submitted: Wed, September 10, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, September 26, 2003

• Reported By:caylin Illinois
Fcnb First Consumers National Bank
Po Box 2210 Portland, Oregon U.S.A.

First Consumers National Bank FCNB FRAUD RIPOFF CHARGING LATE FEES NOT SENDING STATEMENT I now have more late fees than what my balance originally was! Portland Oregon

*Consumer Suggestion: time for you pay-back

*Consumer Comment: no statement, no way to find-out anything---just to make people pay late so FCNB can collect on hefty late fees because they are bankrupt?

I had an account for at least 6 years with fcnb through spiegel. I was notified that they were closing my account due to the bank closing. I never get a statement but every other month now I get a statement with a late charge on it. I now have more late fees than what my balance originally was. If any one can help I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Deanna
catlin, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2003 02:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fcnb-First-Consumers-National-Bank/Portland-Oregon-97208-2210/First-Consumers-National-Bank-FCNB-FRAUD-RIPOFF-CHARGING-LATE-FEES-NOT-SENDING-STATEMENT-I-66786. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fcnb First Consumers National Bank

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Sharon - (U.S.A.)

THIS MESSAGE IS TO ALL PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN BILLED BY FIRST CONSUMERS BANK FOR LATE FEES WELL GUESS WHAT I CALLED ONE OF THERE OFFICES IN PORTLAND AND WAS TOLD THAT IT WAS TOO LATE FOR ME TO DISPUTE CHARGES THEY CHARGED ME 90.00 PER MO LATE FEE.

I TOLD THE SERVICE REP THAT I WAS GOING OT MY LOCAL NEWS CHANNEL TO REPORT THEM,THERE CUSTOMER SERVICE REP TOLD ME FINE BECAUSE THEY WERE SHUTTING THE COMPANY DOWN FOR GOOD.

SO I SAID TO MY SELF OK TWO CAN PLAY THIS GAME I DISPUTED ALL ITEMS ON MY CREDIT REPORT AND GUESS WHAT AFTER 30DAYS ALL ITEMS WERE REMOVED AND YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY BECAUSE IF THE COMPANY DOESNT RESPOND WITHIN 30 DAYS THEY HAVE TO REMOVE THE ITEM AND HOW COULD THEY RESPOND IF THEY ARE SHUT DOWN !!!!!

SO GUESS WHAT THE ITEM IS GONE SO ADVICE TO ALL DISPUTE WITH THE EXPERIAN,TRANSUNION,AND EQUIFAX THE COMPANY IS A FRAUD AND IF THE COLLECTION AGENCY HASSLES YOU TELL THEM TO SHOW YOU PROOF AND HOW AND WHERE DID THE CHARGES COME FROM IF THEY CANT PROVE IT THEY CANT CHARGE YOU !!!!!!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

#3 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Diana - (U.S.A.)

I believe, that the reason FCNB chose to make it near impossible for customers to get statements that say when their payments are due by downing their website, checking out without an 800 number, and having no more reps or customer service, could be so FCNB can intentionally cause customers to pay late so FCNB can collect on the hefty late fee payments and charge up vulnerable customer's credit cards since customer's will not be able to any longer find-out their due dates and other pertinent information of their statements---notice FCNB does not send statements unless you can track them down and request statements?. I think the main reason FCNB could be doing this type of crafty stuff is because it is bankrupt and knows it can collect funds out of late and overlimit fees, thus, causing customers to become overdue with payments, then this causes overlimit problems, therfore, even more fees tacked on because of overlimit charges. More and more money for FCNB? Or no? Am I wrong here? How stupid does FCNB think we all are, anyway?

My credit was completely destroyed by FCNB even after I had caught up on everything. It only took one month of a late payment and things snowballed after that. Next, I looked at my credit report, and FCNB had completely exaggerated what a bad bill payer I was with all these specific late payments when their was only a couple. It was obvious to me FCNB was taking advantage of me and maybe even enjoying the ride they took on me also since their reps were lying to me and treating me like a criminal for only a couple late payments.

I'm recovering, but now I just realized I may have yet another big problem with FCNB, so I guess the rollercoaster ride might begin again, except this time I will take legal action. I feel I have enough on them.