Complaint Review: FedEX

FedEX
Grand Rapids, Michigan United States of America

FedEX Sent me a Virus in an email Grand Rapids, Michigan

*General Comment: Not FedEx's Fault

*Consumer Comment: The email was NOT from Fedex. Guaranteed.

Well I was suppose to be getting a package from a company for my son, was not sure if it was ups or fedex they didnt tell me, well I suppose it was fedex so I opened it cause I was on the phone with them and I thought it was a tracking number I needed and it wasnt, it was a Virus that swiped out my whole entire computer and everything so if anyone gets an email from fedex do not open it cause it will ruin ur computer, so next time they send me something I will make sure to flag it back and send it back to them by the replay button

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/25/2011 02:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FedEX/Grand-Rapids-Michigan-49504/FedEX-Sent-me-a-Virus-in-an-email-Grand-Rapids-Michigan-733138. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FedEX

#1 General Comment

Not FedEx's Fault

AUTHOR: ReZ - (United States of America)

It sounds like you received an email that may have been a scam, not necessarily from FedEx, that contained a virus. Often times you can get emails labeled with a fake name from a fake location. I wouldn't blame FedEx. I'm positive they do not send viruses out. Neither is this "organized crime", what would FedEx have to gain from you getting a computer virus? I think you just need to be more careful about what you click on online and verify your emails before opening things. I suggest using Firefox web browser (safer than Internet Explorer) and perhaps gmail, or something with a good spam filter. That way things don't automatically run on their own. Hope that helps, and maybe consider retracting your complaint.

The email was NOT from Fedex. Guaranteed.

AUTHOR: Steve - (USA)

You got a spoofed email. It was not from Fedex. You obviously shouldn't be on the internet if you don't run a good and up to date antivirus/security program. I get email notifications from Fedex all the time. Never a problem.

You just have to be smarter than the spammer.