Complaint Review: FedEx Field

• Submitted: Mon, September 13, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, September 13, 2004

• Reported By:Washington District of Columbia
FedEx Field
http://www.fedex.com/us/sports/fedexfield/ Landover, Maryland U.S.A.

FedEx Field Parking is a Ripoff My car was stolen Landover Maryland

I went to the Redskins' last pre-season football game at FedEx Field. According to their regulation, I parked on one of their contracted cash lots (in the business district 2 miles from the stadium on McCormick Avenue) but when I came back my car was stolen! It has not been recovered. I drove around 3 hours to make sure. When I contacted FedEx Field for assistance, I received a calloused response "we can't baby-sit each car." PRIOR to paying $25 for parking, I was not told this. The ticket I receive after I paid stated that the WFI is not responsible for anything, but that I also could not leave. An attendant told me that it was illegal to walk up to the stadium if I didn't come in a shuttle or car. I did not have that information until after I was already on the facility. I even asked, "What does this ticket include? Will people be out here?" The person issuing me the pass said, "You get the shuttle, a space, and us."

I called Fed Ex Field to report my situation, however, rather than providing any helpful information or giving me contact information for their contracted towing companies, I was dismissed. I sent emails and called stadium offices twice. My grandmother (former season-ticket holder) called on my behalf once, which is the only way I got to speak with someone. The manager of parking, Gary Parker, still will not return my calls although a gentleman assured me he'd call me last Thursday(September 9).

The attendants assured me that they didn't tow any cars, but I know I saw at least one flat bed tow truck on the lot after the game carrying away a car.

This is very frustrating! I don't have a car and NOBODY who works for FEDEX FIELD cares or will help.

Stacey
Washington, District of Columbia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2004 08:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FedEx-Field/Landover-Maryland/FedEx-Field-Parking-is-a-Ripoff-My-car-was-stolen-Landover-Maryland-108247. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FedEx Field