Complaint Review: FedEx Ground Shipping

• Updated: Thu, July 08, 2010

• Reported By: MadAlaskan — Junaeu Alaska United States of America
FedEx Ground Shipping
Nation Wide USA Nationwide United States of America

FedEx Ground Shipping Why is it the only option and why is it so much??? Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: Why?

*Consumer Comment: That company robbed you, not FedEx.

*Consumer Comment: Complaint should be against the company you bought it from, not USPS or Fed Ex

I search for a needed item like a washer for my blender! I find it and it is only 2 or 3 dollars and will fit in an envelope! So I buy and now it is time to figure in the shipping cost. What 34 dollars for a washer that weighs less than a gram and fits in a very small envelope??? I call to find out why it is so much, and I am told they have to send it FEDEX GROUND SHIPPING and I say no way send snail mail USPS and I am told I am sorry this is the only way we ship things. This keeps getting repeated wether for circut board, washers, vacume parts, chargers and the like. Seems I can not get away from Fedex Ground Shipping, if they are so horrible why are so many business using only them???

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/07/2010 10:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FedEx-Ground-Shipping/nationwide/FedEx-Ground-Shipping-Why-is-it-the-only-option-and-why-is-it-so-much-Nationwide-621339. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FedEx Ground Shipping

Why?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Why is your complaint against FedEx?  Why are you not complaining about the company who is not giving you the choice.  They don't HAVE to send it FedEx, it is just how their company is set up.

That company robbed you, not FedEx.

AUTHOR: Empire - (USA)

I work for a parts company that does not offer USPS as a carrier so I can understand why that service was not offered to you. US Mail does not provide insurance or tracking numbers for first class service. FedEx Ground does for ground service.

Companies that generate a high volume of shipping receive substantial discounts from UPS and FedEx. Using your example, I could have shipped that same washer from NY to California via FedEx Ground for less than eight bucks.

The company you ordered from price-gouged you on the shipping which, btw, is illegal. That said, are you certain that $34.00 wasn't a shipping and handling charge? Or a shipping and processing charge? I bet it was.

In any event, that company robbed you. Not FedEx. My advice? Find a new supplier.

Complaint should be against the company you bought it from, not USPS or Fed Ex

AUTHOR: Nc - (U.S.A.)

Sorry, but the complaint should be against the company you bought it from, not Fed Ex. What company did you buy this from? I suspect it is a scam company, not the manufacturer. They could easily fit a washer into an envelope and ship it to you via US Mail for a few dollars at most. It is not USPS or Fed Ex that are overcharging you. I am sure their cost is not that expensive, but the company you bought from is charging you a HUGE surcharge or packing fee.

I would try the manufacturer instead of another company.

successfully