lighting

• Reported By: Jaygee — Guatay California USA
FedEx
3875 Airways Memphis, Tennessee United States of America

FedEx FedEx Ground is OFF MY LIST! Memphis, Tennessee

FedEx is OFF MY LIST! I have had issues with reliable delivery from FedEx in the past for ground delivery to my home. This past week I had another issue in which an overnight delivery of critical medical equipment was delayed because the tracking data  indicated "no one was home". That was not true so I called the customer support number and was told the gate code provided was in error. I asked if the package could be delivered to another address but was told only with the senders request. So, another day was lost because of it. When I got the package, I saw that the address label was clearly marked with the gate code!  So....they lied.

We do live in a remote location with a gated entrance on a shared driveway but UPS never has a problem with deliveries. UPS uses the same driver for each route and knows the customer so they can provide better service. FedEx switches drivers all the time and it's a "new experience" each time they attempt a delivery.

In the past, FedEx has just dropped the package over the gate onto the concrete driveway because they "didn't have the gate code". That's not a very secure method of delivery and could cause breakage of the contents. One driver I spoke with said he didn't like driving up to my house because it had a steep driveway. I guess he must be a timid driver as UPS drivers and every other person who has delivered anything to our house has always driven up the driveway without an issue.

So.....as far as I am concerned, FedEx is now OFF MY LIST!

BTW: They have no e-mail address to send complaints to. You must call or write a letter. How old fashion can you get?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2009 05:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FedEx/Memphis-Tennessee-38116/FedEx-FedEx-Ground-is-OFF-MY-LIST-Memphis-Tennessee-509560. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FedEx