Complaint Review: FedEx

• Reported By: Trey — Leesburg Virginia
FedEx
Nationwide USA

FedEx FedEx denies legitimate insurance claim Dallas Nationwide

A video of the new, working desktop prior to shipment can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CozGKUH8IZA

On April 16, 2014, I paid $112.78 to FedEx to insure and deliver my package safely to Dallas, Texas from Virginia. They did not deliver on their end. I shipped a brand new desktop that I had built to help pay for my wedding this fall. Original cost to replicate would be close to $3000. However, I sold it on ebay for $1500, and insured it for that amount.

When it arrived to the buyer, he explained to me that the desktop no longer worked. I helped him troubleshoot it, and found the the video card (gigabyte gtx770) had been damaged. I asked him to start a claim, and once he did I would ship out a new video card. I purchased a new video card from newegg for $400 and shipped it to him. We attached this information, along with pictures to fedex claims department.

Neither of us heard anything for about two weeks. I finally called, and after sitting on hold for 45 minutes, they told me they would have someone call me back. They never did. I called back again the next day, and they told me that I would have to refile the claim. They stated that I had to be the one to file the claim, yet on their website it states that the shipper or receiver may file it.

I did as they asked and refiled the claim. Again, I heard nothing for two weeks. I finally received mail denying my claim stating that I had not shown any proof of damage. Their claim was that they sent someone to inspect the package, yet the inspector never got to see it. Of course he didn't. No one called either me or the buyer to let him know to be avaiable. He contacted them and they agreed that pictures would be just fine.

Again, we provided what they were asking for only to have them reject the claim again saying that there wasn't sufficient proof that they were responsible. They stated this because there was no extreme damage to the outer box. The thing is, the items shipped were electronics. That is why I had the clerk at fedex inspect my packaging prior to shipment to make sure it was sufficient if anything were to be damaged during shipping. I didn't want my claim denied because of that. There were also fragile stickers on the box. If fedex isn't going to insure electronics because they can be damaged easier than some items, they should explicity state this.

I've contacted them showing them multiple pictures and receipts, and they just keep coming back with more excuses, and keep asking for more proof. I don't know what more I can give them. It was a brand new item that worked perfectly prior to their carelessness. I even supplied video proof that was taken 30 minutes prior to it shipping. Now they are asking me to take the part to have it inspected by someone else, even though this is what I do for a living.

I highly suggest not shipping with fedex. They will not honor your claim if your item gets damaged. It's extremely frustrating because I sold something new, already at a loss, only to help pay for me and my fiancee's wedding. Only to further lose money thanks to fedex.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2014 07:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FedEx/nationwide/FedEx-FedEx-denies-legitimate-insurance-claim-Dallas-Nationwide-1153510. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FedEx