Complaint Review: FedEx

• Updated: Wed, May 21, 2014

• Reported By: Bijou1313 — Rochester Minnesota
Nationwide USA

FedEx Refuses to honor insurance policy for broken items Memphis Nationwide

I purchased china through Ebay.FedEx packed, insured, and shipped this. One plate was broken. They refuse to honor the insurance and keep adding complicated steps to the process. I bought 50 pieces of china through eBay. The seller brought it to FedEx to pack, insure, and ship. They charged $231.00 for this "service". The four boxes arrived. One plate was broken. I had the seller place a claim for $29.99, the amount to replace the place. They denied that claim because they said I had the claim on the broken piece.

I called and they said someone would call me that day. No one ever did. I called the next day and they said someone would call me. No one ever did. I called a week later and they said the claim was denied because I signed for the package. I said that I would have been surprised if the delivery person would stand there while I unpacked 50 pieces of china to see that it was all undamaged. They said they would submit the claim AGAIN after I had the seller send an email saying she relinquished claim to the package. I had her do that. A week later I called for the FOURTH TIME and they told me that because there was no signature on the email the seller sent, the claim was denied AGAIN. I am completely fed up with this company. They did a poor job packing, charged an astronomical sum, then refuse to honor the insurance. I want my money back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2014 08:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FedEx/nationwide/FedEx-Refuses-to-honor-insurance-policy-for-broken-items-Memphis-Nationwide-1148506. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FedEx