Complaint Review: Federal Crime Investigation Unit

Nationwide United States of America
  • Phone: 911
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Federal Crime Investigation Unit Stated that he was an Officer Daniel Carter Nationwide

Today, July 27, 2012 at 3:10pm I received a phone call from a phone number of "911". I thought I accidently dialed "911". However, where I am, the "911" operators speak clearly and are not usually foreigners with a definite accent. Well, he asked for Mr. and my name, I let him speak. I am often mistaken for a man and as a woman, I usually run with it depending on the situation and who is calling. Serious matters, I don't play. So, he went on with, "You have a loan that has been given to our office, (in the back ground, I hear the sounds of a busy office) and we would like to talk to you about that. This loan has been sent to our office because you are in default, and we would like to discuss this matter with you."

So, I stopped him from going any further and asked him, o.k., you say your from the Federal Crime Investigation Department, what is your badge number? He told me "78", I asked him what department he was affiliated with, he repeated the department to me again. So I asked him for the address here where I am located, he would not answer the question. So, my boyfriend took the phone from then on. He told him that he was a fake and that he should stop calling people saying things that aren't true.

The cussing started and the person on the other end started saying profane things again as well. So, my boyfriend said, I know you are not a police officer because, I know a police officer will not speak this way. You see, my boyfriend has family that is in law enforcement, ranging from an undercover officer to a detective and I have a Uncle that is a retired Detective and a cousin that is a sergeant now. So, both of us know, so, the call was short after the man to man cussing match and the guy on the other end was just as vulgar so, if anyone sees a number on their phone with either "911" or "1911" answer it and hang up right away or have it blocked from your cell phone or home phone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2012 12:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Federal-Crime-Investigation-Unit/nationwide/Federal-Crime-Investigation-Unit-Stated-that-he-was-an-Officer-Daniel-Carter-Nationwide-918438. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Federal Crime Investigation Unit