Complaint Review: Federal Express

Memphis, Tennessee USA

Federal Express FedEx refused legitimate insurance claim Memphis Tennessee

*Author of original report: Fed Ex took care of this

*Consumer Comment: Not a valid claim

On March 21, I sold a laserdisc player for $150 plus $20 shipping via eBay. The  player was in PERFECT condition, tested on a videodisc at home and with my television. I packaged it PERFECTLY -- double boxed and with plenty of bubble wrap -- and sent it via FedEx, which is the last time I will be using this delivery service. My purchaser informed me that the player would not eject. I immediately refunded him $170 and filed an insurance claim with FedEx, which picked up the player from my buyer and gave an insurance case number. All FedEx packages are insured up to $100. So I figured, OK, it'll be a $70 loss. But at least it won't be a TOTAL loss. Well, it was a total loss. Because on April 4, FedEx claims representative DesRae Griffin wrote to inform me they would not honor my claim because "we inspected the shipment and found there was no visible damage to its contents." I can drop a box, VERY HARD, and damage the contents (especially a delicate electronic instrument) without causing visible damage. FedEx does not have a fair way of deciding insurance claims, and needs to explain that "delicate electronics" are not covered under its insurance. It should also provide customers with an appeals process -- preferably one conducted by an impartial third party. I will never be using FedEx again, and suggest you don't, either.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/28/2014 09:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Federal-Express/Memphis-Tennessee/Federal-Express-FedEx-refused-legitimate-insurance-claim-Memphis-Tennessee-1142287. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Federal Express

Fed Ex took care of this

AUTHOR: coreytan - ()

They reversed their original decision and promised to pay the $100 insurance. I am happy with the outcome. However, I will not use them to ship electronics in the future.

Not a valid claim

AUTHOR: coast - ()

A shipper shouldn’t be expected to pay a damage claim if the package does not portray external damage.