Complaint Review: Federal Financial Group LLC

Federal Financial Group LLC
4926 SW 56th Ave Portland, Oregon United States of America

Federal Financial Group LLC scam Portland, Oregon

*UPDATE Employee: Interns

A door to door salesman came to my home. He said he wasn't selling anything.  He was doing a survey for his finance class at Portland State University.  He asked me seven personal financial questions:

He thanked me and told me he was going to give me a $25 gift cert to a restaurant for helping him out.

He said PSU has had trouble in the past with interns running off with the cert so he would need to bring it back at a specific time.

He asked for my address, phone number and email address.

He then handed me a second piece of paper the mentions PSU but in big letters says "Federal Financial Group appointment reminder.

When you read the small print it says I have basically agreed to a 20 minute financial discussion.

I called BS and forced him to give me the two documents.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2012 05:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Federal-Financial-Group-LLC/Portland-Oregon-97221/Federal-Financial-Group-LLC-scam-Portland-Oregon-933542. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Federal Financial Group LLC

Interns

AUTHOR: Susan - (United States of America)

First of all thank you for sharing your experience. We will be able to use this information to help in training future interns.

Federal Financial Group LLC (FFG) has interns who gather answers to survey questions regarding retirement and insurance topics. These college students can use the collected data for school projects to help them earn upper-division college credits.

If an interviewee chooses, he or she may accept or request a follow-up with an expert on those topics. A potential client who chooses to meet for a follow-up visit may receive a gift certificate ($15-25) from Restaurant.com. The gift is given up-front and has nothing to do with follow-up topics that will be discussed. It is not used as an incentive to purchase anything. A second visit would be where specific products or strategies would be introduced and explained.

As a side note, the address given for Federal Financial Group LLC by the person sharing the original post is incorrect. The company is called Federal Financial Group LLC and is based in Draper, Utah. There are satellite offices around the country. The one for the Portland/Vancouver area is located at 10700 SW Beaverton Hillsdale Highway, Beaverton, Oregon.

We apologize for any miscommunication that occured with our intern. We will improve our training so that we can maintain our "A" rating which we currently hold.

Again thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

Best regards,