Complaint Review: Federal Financial Group

• Updated: Fri, March 15, 2013

• Reported By: Josh — Austin Texas
Federal Financial Group

Federal Financial Group Promises of rewards but unwilling to deliver, Internet

Received a call at 7:08 PM on Thursday, March 14 from 1-385-229-3020 that came up as Federal Financial Group via caller ID.  The marketer had an Indian sounding accent, but I believe she said her name was "Angie".  She told me that if I answered three quick questions for her that they would provide me with a scratch-off to win either a car, a trip to Florida, a $2500 gift card, or an iPad.  I agreed.  Her first two questions were relatively mundance, but her last question struck me as odd.  She asked me to give a range for my household income.

I answered her question.  She then proceeded to tell me that she now needed to schedule one of their financial planners to come to my house to give me the scratch-off and give a 20 minute presentation.  I told her that the presentation wasn't necessary, but they could either deliver the scratch-off or mail it to me.  She insisted that I be scheduled for the delivery and I insisted that that was fine, but I wasn't interested in the presentation.  She then transferred me to a manager who confirmed my details and the scheduled time.

At 10:44 AM on On Friday, March 15, I received a call from 1-512-943-9918 that came up as Jones Francine via caller ID.  The gentleman said that his name was "Sam" and that he was the one who was scheduled to give the presentation.  I assured him that the presentation wasn't necessary and that all I was interested in was the scratch-off that I was promised for answering the telemarketers three questions.

To his credit, Sam was not at all pushy about making the presentation and did say that he was going to file a report on the telemarketer, but he was unwilling to provide the scratch-off either in person or by mail unless I would sit through his 20 minute presentation.  I told him that he could either provide it to me, or I would file a report with the Better Business Bureau.  He told me that was fine and that he would report the telemarketer as well.

To sum up, while their financial services may or may not be worthwhile, their marketing is definitely a scam.  Because of that, I wouldn't trust this company with my financial assets.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/15/2013 09:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Federal-Financial-Group/internet/Federal-Financial-Group-Promises-of-rewards-but-unwilling-to-deliver-Internet-1035001. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Federal Financial Group