Complaint Review: Federal Financial Group

Federal Financial Group
121 SW Salmon Street Internet United States of America

Federal Financial Group door to door lies! Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Terminated for Misrepresentation

Today my door bell rang and I answered to two people who said they were students at Portland State University. One was a female and the other a male. They claimed that they were finance interns for Portland State and were completing a survey for their internships.

They asked questions regarding 401K/IRA accounts, annual household income, and what age we would like to retire. There was roughly 6 questions. They then said that since I completed the questionnaire, Portland State, would come by my house to give me a gift card for doing the survey. They asked for my phone number so that they could confirm my appointment for the following day.

Before leaving, they handed me a sheet with my "appointment," from Federal Financial Group. It said that the gift card I would be receiving would be given in exchange for "free 20 minute financial discussion, not a sales presentation."
After hearing on the local news that another guy in the area was also ripped off, I immediately was furious to find out that my phone number had been compromised and possibly other information. In the article, a Portland State spokesperson confirmed that Federal Financial Group has NEVER, EVER had an internship with this company. Link to article here: http://www.katu.com/news/business/Financial-companys-door-to-door-sales-tactics-questioned-167771505.html

Furthermore, I was also able to dig up the solicitors on Facebook where it confirms that these two are indeed, not students at Portland State. Here is the link to their profile: https://www.facebook.com/lyssa.quallio

There is also a picture on her profile saying that they are receiving incentives for their sign ups.
This is a video about them talking about who they work for and how much money they make

Their manager that they mentioned in their video has been mentioned in many complaints regarding unending calls and texts. Here is the link for those complaints: (((link redacted)))

In summary, my information was compromised and would have never provided that to a sales company. As a Portland State student, it only felt right to do a good thing and help other students out. Unfortunately, Federal Financial Review is a SCAM with terrible, lying employees making money off my information. I sure hope I don't get crazy calls and I definitely will avoid them at all possible if they dare stop back by my house.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2012 02:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Federal-Financial-Group/internet/Federal-Financial-Group-door-to-door-lies-Internet-934089. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Federal Financial Group

Terminated for Misrepresentation

AUTHOR: Susan - (United States of America)

Both of the individuals mentioned in this complaint have been terminated, along with more who were working with them. They did not have approval or authority to represent themselves as interns and are no longer working with us.

We apologize for your inconvenience. Please rest assured that we respond and address valid complaints at all times.

We strive to maintain our "A" rating which we currently hold. We appreciate your feedback which can be directed to us online at http://www.ffg2.com/Contact.aspx

Best regards,