Complaint Review: Federal Government Grants Department

• Updated: Thu, December 15, 2005

• Reported By:Crofton Maryland
Federal Government Grants Department
Nationwide U.S.A.

Federal Government Grants Department ripoff Phone call in the evening declaring I have been selected for a grant Nationwide

I was called this EVENING and informed by a foreign speaking individual that I was selected in a batch of 20,000 others to receive a $10,000.00 no interest, non-taxable and no need to pay back Federal Government GRANT. He (nameless) told me,upon my asking him, that he was indeed an employee of THE Federal Government of the USA. I was supposedly given his supervisor to speak to and was told again in broken English that the grant was mine yada yada yada and that I was being transfered to an office in Washington, DC for verification. When I told him he sounded more like a very bad, non english speaking salesman and that I was not in the least interested in his scam (since I am in the Do-not-call listing) he told me in what I can only describe an Indian (ish) accent to "go to the H**l".

I checked my caller ID and the number is as follows:
251-634-5885. Of course it is unlisted and nothing shows up on several reverse lookup searches.
I trust this is not a legitimate offer since I could use the free money, but more than likely it is not.
I hope no one falls for this if it is truly a scam.

Crofton, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/15/2005 04:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Federal-Government-Grants-Department/nationwide/Federal-Government-Grants-Department-ripoff-Phone-call-in-the-evening-declaring-I-have-bee-168055. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Federal Government Grants Department