Complaint Review: Federal Grant Processing Center

• Submitted: Thu, February 24, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, February 24, 2005

• Reported By:Ithaca New York
Federal Grant Processing Center
Las Vegas, NV Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Federal Grant Processing Center STEALING MONEY FROM STUDENTS! Ripoff! Las Vegas Nevada

This company contacted me about a month after I had filled an application for an actual federal grant. They said that they had been outsourced and were handling the grant, for which I had been approved. The company already had almost all of my information, including some tax information. Saying that after paying a fee of $257, I would receive my grant for $8,000, I gave them my bank number from a check. Obviously a mistake, but still, the company seemed perfectly legit and even seemed to have the application which I had sent to the government.

Later, I called the number they had given me. The number gave me an adult toy store. The address was also that adult toy store in Las Vegas. I quickly rushed to my bank and closed the account at the same time a transfer request of $2,000 was being made. Thankfully, they did not get the money and an investigation is now pending.

Should a middle-eastern sounding man with the knickname "Warrick Finch" call you, do not even respond. IT IS A SCAM. They have stolen thousands of dollars from students across the country with the promise of a federal grant. They will also tell you that they have been outsourced by the government. This, of course, is not true. Do not believe a word they say and do not, under any circumstance, give them ANY of your information. They act quickly. Within two hours of my giving away the information, my bank had been contacted with a transfer of funds. Hopefully I will be able to aid in catching the scam-artists because I may be able to trace the account, which is somewhere in Nevada and, to any bank, would seem perfectly legit.

Andrew
Ithaca, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2005 11:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Federal-Grant-Processing-Center/Las-Vegas-Nevada/Federal-Grant-Processing-Center-STEALING-MONEY-FROM-STUDENTS-Ripoff-Las-Vegas-Nevada-132648. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Federal Grant Processing Center