Complaint Review: Federal Pardon Waiver

• Reported By: Alsorippedoff — British Columbia
Federal Pardon Waiver
Internet Canada

Federal Pardon Waiver FRAUD, RIP OFF Toronto Ontario

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Federal Pardon Waiver Services will get the job done

Over 2 years ago, I contacted Federal Pardon Waiver Services to find out if I could get my communted sentence cleared. I was never convicted (17 years old, minor shoplifting) They are supposedly based in Toronto and after many emails and forms filled out, they said it would take up to a year and a half maximum.  I paid them over $1,000 to clear my name. I explained that it was urgent as I was going to be job hunting. Over the next year I was in touch with them many times to find out the status of my file. I was told repeatedly by their 'customer service' that my request was in a huge pile at the local police station and could not be expedited. After more than 7 months I finally called the local police station and was told that they had rec'd the request from FPW and sent it over 6 months ago and that it was out of their hands. Why was FPW telling me that they had been in touch repeatedly with the police station to 'hurry my case along' when in fact the police had nothing to do with my file since 6 months?

Why did FPW inform me that they were going to clear my criminal record when in fact I had no criminal record to clear? When they found out during their 'case research and follow up' before they start any paperwork, they should have informed me that I could have my record expunged for $50 through the local police station. Instead they took my money and continued to pretend that they were doing a criminal record clearance, when all they were doing was having my record expunged - means there will be no record of fingerprints or the court proceedings. It was my investigation through the local police that led me to find out what scammers they are. All the while I would receive emails saying they were 'doing the best they can for me' etc. The woman at the police station told me over the phone that I had no conviction and therefore no record to clear. As it was so long ago - I could not ever remember the date, I did not remember if I had been convicted or not which was why I contacted FPW in the first place.

Now that I have told them I know what they did and that I plan to pursue this legally as well as informing all the necessary agencies, blogs, websites such as this one, they have not returned or replied to any of my messages. That is tantamount to admitting their wrongdoing no? If they were legit, they would have a) told me I could have my record expunged myself for $50 and returned at least part of the payment I had made, b) been willing to discuss options. I would have even considered a partial refund had they been willing to admit their 'mistake', but now I am determined to get the full amount, and I will.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/24/2013 06:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Federal-Pardon-Waiver/internet/Federal-Pardon-Waiver-FRAUD-RIP-OFF-Toronto-Ontario-1053711. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Federal Pardon Waiver

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Federal Pardon Waiver Services will get the job done

AUTHOR: Anna von Baron - ()

My name is Anna von Baron and I was an employee of this company and just want to say that notwithstanding all and any complaints which are quickly resolved, this company will get the job done for you.

I had the privilege of working with people of integrity and a genuine interest in helping people to get a fresh start in life.  I loved the work I did as an advisor and I particularly loved building a relationship with my clients and I know that many of my co-advisors feel the same.  I would still be working with this company but I had to leave for personal family reasons.

There are many pardon companies and I am sure that most will also do the job for you but I can only speak about my experience with Federal Pardon Waiver Services. If you give them a chance they will absolutely get the service you require completed.  They are not interested in "ripping people off" because they are interested in staying in business.  A considerable abount of their business is generated from referrals.  I KNOW BECAUSE I WAS THERE.

I CAN HONESTLY RECOMMEND THEIR SERVICES. They will work out a plan to fit any budget and that made it possible for me to help many people who might not have been able to start the process otherwise.

I believe everyone deserves a second chance and that is the mission statement of this company and that is why I went to work for them.