Complaint Review: Federal Reserve Bank

• Updated: Tue, October 04, 2011

• Reported By: Connie J Brewton — Boise Idaho United States of America
Federal Reserve Bank
200 Independence Ave. Washington, District of Columbia United States of America

Federal Reserve Bank - Peter Smith - Nick Parker - Mark Wilson - Calvin Smith they promised me a government grant but charged me fees Washington, District of Columbia

*Consumer Comment: Really

*Consumer Comment: What a dupe

*General Comment: That was not the Federal Reserve

I got a call from Calvin Smith who said he was a finance manager for the Federal Reserve Bank in Washington, DC. He told me I qualified for a $7,000 federal grant that I wouldn't have to pay back. He told me I had to send $130 via Western Union as a processing fee. I did that on 9-28-11. I then spoke with Mark Wilson who said I had to send $389 which I would immediately get back. I did that the same day.

I them spoke with Peter Smith who said I had to send a deposit of $950 that I would also get back immediately. Before I sent that money I got a call from Nick Parker who said he was a senior finance manager at the bank and my account had been transferred from Peter Smith to him. He told me all I had to send was $500 and I could send the remaining $450 after I get my funds. I did that on 9-28-11 also.

All of these people assured me this was not a scam but I fell for it anyway. I exhausted all my resources to send this  money.

I spoke with Peter Smith on 9-29-11 and he told me Nick Parker was not part of the bank and I shouldn't have sent him any money. He called me back later and told me I needed to send $650 via Western Union that day in order to get my grant which by then I was told would total over $8,000.

I told him I didn't have any more money and I didn't understand why they kept asking for more. He just kept saying I would get it all back. When I told him I didn't have any more money he told me he would have to close the file.

I have not been able to reach any of these people since then. I have different phone numbers for each person I spoke with and I also have my receipts  with the MTCN #'s on them for each Western Union transaction.

I am now on the verge of losing my home over this and am really scared. I need help desperately and I need it now.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/03/2011 04:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Federal-Reserve-Bank/Washington-District-of-Columbia-20201/Federal-Reserve-Bank-Peter-Smith-Nick-Parker-Mark-Wilson-Calvin-Smith-they-prom-784324. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Federal Reserve Bank

Really

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

All of these people assured me this was not a scam but I fell for it anyway
And just how did that conversation go?
You - Are you a scam?
Them - Of course not
You - Okay where do I send the money.

Here is something that I hope will help you in the future.  A person running a scam is not going to tell you they are a scam, even if you ask.  But if you have to ask if it is a scam...it probably is.  Also, anytime you hear Western Union you need to also instantly think scam, regardless of what the person is telling you.

By the way the Federal Reserve doesn't go around calling people to give them grants.

What a dupe

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

The Federal Reserve provides financial assistance to financial institutions not private individuals.

"I didn't understand why they kept asking for more"

Because once they had a fish on the line they didn't want to let him get away. It's their intent to bleed you until you run out of money or finally realize it's a scam.

"All of these people assured me this was not a scam"

Scammers tend to make that claim.

#3 General Comment

That was not the Federal Reserve

AUTHOR: Edgeman - (U.S.A.)

I am sorry to say that you were taken by professional scammers and the Federal Reserve had nothing to do with this. The best you can do is notify the Secret Service and your local police but the money is long gone. Best of luck to you.