Complaint Review: Federal Trade Commission

• Submitted: Wed, July 15, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, July 15, 2009

• Reported By:Palmdale California
Federal Trade Commission
600 Penislvania Ave NW Washington, District of Columbia U.S.A.

Federal Trade Commission I WON! Washington District of Columbia

*Consumer Comment: Ummm....

I was contacted by telephone by the FTC from a Officer Charles Broden on July 15, 2009. He informed me that last December I had won 350 thousand dollars from a Las Vegas Dream Foundation 702-425-6229, and they had not been able to reach me, so they hire him to find me to recieve my winnings. Now this sum of money had been insured by Lloyds of London, because of the amount of money being over a quarter of a million dollars. I was impressed!! Then he advised me that I needed to take 1% to the Lloyds of London bank to cover the insurance of delivery. This delivery was going to be on Thrusday the 16th between 2-3 pm. $3500.00 dollars could also be sent by money gram from Wal-Mart also. What a convience!! I told him I didn't have that kind of money and he said that there was a Financial Aid Assistence Program who would pay 50%. What a deal! I still don't have 1700 dollars . I was polit enough to finform him that I have never heard of anyone having to pay for their winnings to be delivered. I told him he was cruel, because that amount of money could save my home. I began to cry and he became speechless. Listen to me you scammers you will have to answer too a higher power one day for your self sceaming acts!

Katherine
Palmdale, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2009 02:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Federal-Trade-Commission/Washington-District-of-Columbia-20582/Federal-Trade-Commission-I-WON-Washington-District-of-Columbia-470065. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Federal Trade Commission

Ummm....

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

You know the FTC had nothing to do with this scam.

It's good that you were smart enough to realize it was a scam before you lost any money, so in that sense you did win. But the FTC is a regulatory agency that actually tries to keep people from becoming a victim to these type of scams. By putting them as the "company" it appears as if you are saying that they were the ones trying to scam you. By the way if the company "Las Vegas Dream Foundation" actually exists you can be certain that they were not involved either.