Complaint Review: Federal Warranty Service Corp

• Reported By: K.F. — south charleston Ohio United States of America
Federal Warranty Service Corp
Alanta, Georgia United States of America

Federal Warranty Service Corp WARRANTY RIPOFF!! Alanta, Georgia

I purchased a warranty for my GE microwave in October of this year.  The last payment for this was made this month (Dec 2012) for a total (per customer service) of $419.00.  During this short period from Oct to  Dec the service tech came out three times to fix my microwave.  After the third try he said it could not be fix and he would report this so that the microwave would be replaced or a check would be giving so that I could go replace it myself.  The tech said that someone from the warranty place would contact me.  After three weeks of waiting I contacted the warranty dept to find out the status.  Until today, 3 wks after it being reported by the tech nothing had been done.  I was told by the first person I talked to that I would be issued a check for $175.00 (and some odd cents) to replace the microwave.  The microwave cost me $389.00 and they would only give me $175.00. When asked why so little  he stated because it was between 1 and 5 yrs old.  This upset me because of the cost difference to the replacement check amount.  I told him that this really didn't make a lot of sense.  I purchased it for $389.00, the replacement check was for $175.00 (and some odd cents) and I just finished paying the warranty off ($419.00) and I now have to pay more out of my pocket for a new one.  He said that was all he could help me with and referred me to someone else.  Well, after 3 more transfers and also speaking to a "floor supervisor" I am still unsatisfied. I was also that I wouldn't get a check for the $175.00 (and some odd cents) but only $156.65 to replace the $389.00 microwave. And to top it all off, this warranty that I just paid for is no longer good because I choose the replacement check.  DUH !! I cannot use it because they deemed it "unfixable".  And, if I buy a new microwave I have to purchase a new warranty to cover the new microwave, the one I just paid for does not cover it!!!  I will not purchase ever again a warranty through this company.....never!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2012 07:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Federal-Warranty-Service-Corp/Alanta-Georgia-30348/Federal-Warranty-Service-Corp-WARRANTY-RIPOFF-Alanta-Georgia-978989. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Federal Warranty Service Corp