Complaint Review: Federal Warranty Service

• Updated: Sat, October 12, 2013

• Reported By: KS Consumer — Prairie Village Kansas
Federal Warranty Service
P.O. Box 105689 Atlanta, Georgia USA

Federal Warranty Service Whirlpool Corporation Whirlpool and Federal Warranty Service refusal to provide service Atlanta Georgia

*Author of original report: Forwarding the information you requested

*UPDATE Employee: WhirlpoolCares

I purchases an extended service plan for my Whirlpool refrigerator in June 2013.  In September the refrigerator starting leaking water from underneath.  When I called to request service through my extended service plan I was informed that no contract existed.  I provided copies of the cancelled check to the company and after serveral weeks, the company, Federal Warranty Service, issued a contract.

When I called to request service the company representative refused to initiate a service call.  They claimed based on the description of my problem that the applicance was not at fault.  After some debate about their ability to diagnose the problem over the phone, and their continued refusal to create a service request, I indicated that if they sent an applicance repair person to my home, and then it was determined that the applicance was not the source of the water issue, I would pay the full price of the service call.  They still refused to create a service request for the reported problem.

When I suggested that I would cancel the contract if they did not initiate a service request, they gladly provided me with the company address to submit my cancellation request to,   I do not have high hopes of ever recieving a return of my payment, given the effort i went through to even get a contract created.

Buyer beware.  This company is sanctioned by Whirlpool Corporation for exclusively providing extended service plans for their appliance products.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/12/2013 11:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Federal-Warranty-Service/Atlanta-Georgia-30348/Federal-Warranty-Service-Whirlpool-Corporation-Whirlpool-and-Federal-Warranty-Service-ref-1091489. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Federal Warranty Service

Forwarding the information you requested

AUTHOR: KS Consumer - ()

I have submitted the information you requested via email and await a response.

WhirlpoolCares

AUTHOR: Whirlpool Cares - ()

Hello KS Consumer, my name is Ashley and I am a representative of Whirlpool. We apologize about the frustration you have experienced with your refrigerator.  If you would like us to look into this further, please provide your name, the name of the site you were contacted on, your user ID name KS Consumer, your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, and ticket number: 61449 to Whirlpool.Digital@Whirlpool.com. We would be happy to review your concerns further. Sincerely, Ashley