Complaint Review: Fendi

• Submitted: Fri, May 08, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, May 08, 2009

• Reported By:Montville New Jersey
Fendi
1200 Morris Turnpike Short Hills, New Jersey U.S.A.

Fendi Rip-off, horrible customer service, undisplayed no return policy Short Hills New Jersey

*Consumer Suggestion: Look It Up

I shopped in the Fend store in the Short Hills Mall. The assistant manager Michele Gordon was very unprofessional. I purchased the Hobo bag on 05/04/2009. They did not give me any paperwork for the bag. It should come with an instruction how to take care of it, how the warranty works and the description of the bag with the serial number. Also they ran out from boxes. How a well known designer store can be managed so poorly?! There is no visible or any sign displayed with the return policy, which supposed to be displayed in NJ by law. I was notified about the policy only after I signed the credit
card slip. They told me to sign the paper so I can receive e-mail from them, and gave me an other one to sign too. When I came home saw on the bottom was written with very small letters their return policy. The policy is a real turn off for customers. If I would've known it up front I would've definitely just walked out of the store, because this policy indicates the company doesn't stand behind their product. This is the wrong way to try to keep a customer's money. I can tell you this policy only for short terms, because after this bad taste I would never be a customer again. Also Fendi's official shop online selling the bag $100 less with 30 day money back refund. When I called the online store they told me they work with the same price as the boutiques. This is very upsetting how a reputable store is trying to rip off customers and ignoring the laws. I tried to solve the problem with the store but the manager Suzanne said they don't give me any paper for the warranty, I have my receipt, that's it. That's their policy and they don't care about anything or anybody else. I told them I will report them, but her respond was they're Fendi and they do whatever they want. Even they told me I don't have to buy there anymore if I don't feel happy with their service. I will definitely not buy from them. Also I contacted the corporate office in NYC, but their respond wasn't satisfying either. They don't care about the customers either.

Gabriel
Montville, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/08/2009 08:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fendi/Short-Hills-New-Jersey-07078/Fendi-Rip-off-horrible-customer-service-undisplayed-no-return-policy-Short-Hills-New-Jer-449894. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fendi

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

On the fendi' store's site on the short hills mall web site, it states there is a 10 day return policy for UNUSED merchandise. IF you bought it on the 4th AND haven't used it, you should be able to return it since today's only the 8th.

#2 Consumer Suggestion