Complaint Review: Ferman Dodge Chrysler Jeep Lutz

• Updated: Tue, September 17, 2013

• Reported By: Tamara — Wesley Chapel Florida
Ferman Dodge Chrysler Jeep Lutz
24314 State Road 54, Tampa, 33559 Lutz, Florida USA

Ferman Dodge Chrysler Jeep Lutz Ferman's service man calls to discuss and wheyou decline service and pick up the car the claim to have performed it and we had to pay for it!!!! Lutz Florida

*Author of original report: Issues solved by car dealership

Yesterday w brought in our Dodge Charger 2012 which has approx. 140 miles left under the manufactorers warranty to have it checked out for the wheel pulling just a tiny bit and a little vibration in the wheel and if it wasn't under warranty we wouldn't have brought it in.

A fay prior I called and asked if something like this could be considered under the bumper to bumper warranty and was told "yes".

When we came in we were told allignments wouldn't be covered and what that would cost and we told Robert to call us what they would find out and we would decide after the call.

Robert called as discussed and stated the rotators need scuffing and an allignment and he explained how dangerous the rotators could be but now with scuffing itwould be cheaper than waiting. I declined to have it performed at this time and stated we will do it in a few weeks or so. Than he stated he could offer it for less so I told him I would discuss with my husband and called him back 10 min. later and declined to have it done and repeated what I said prior and that we wanted to see what exactly was needed when we would pick up the car.

We picked up the car around 5 pm and Robert called to the department where the car was and I heard him say "test drive"...so when my husband came in I tld him about that and we already discussed that we know how the car is driving and we wouldn't need a test drive and since we had 2 dogs in our other car and had to drop of the Charger at our sons College we wanted to leave sooner than later. Robert did show what he was talking about and having a Dodge Caravan that had rotators changed a few years back, we knew what to look for an this rotator looked fine to us for now.

So we told Robert we will take the car and come back some other time. He told us we needed to sign off on the paperwork an then we could leave. Inside he told us we had to pay $ 105 for the allignment and I told him I declined all service not covered under the warranty an his answer was "it was already done when I called"...we didn't want to make a scene since we are business people but told him this was totally wrong and he now would loose a client with 4 cars and 3 of them are the dealers brand! He didn't blink and asked for my credit card and we decided to take it on with th branche manager and to make sure he word will spread about this rip off and bad service!!!!!

Unless we will be refunded for service that was not approved, then we will never set one foot inside this dealership!

What is the point of calling for approval if the work already has been performed! For a 2012 car for which we tld him we only came to make sure it was not something that would be covered under the warranty and to have the car checked out...which wasn't done since he never stated anything else was checked!

Stay away from this dealer or have it in writing that you won't pay unless approved...we learned our leason and will write on the paperwork that we will no pay for anything that isn't approved in writing...2 calls didn't make a difference..Robert should be fired for ripping off customers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/17/2013 03:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ferman-Dodge-Chrysler-Jeep-Lutz/Lutz-Florida-33559/Ferman-Dodge-Chrysler-Jeep-Lutz-Fermans-service-man-calls-to-discuss-and-wheyou-decline-1085101. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ferman Dodge Chrysler Jeep Lutz

Issues solved by car dealership

AUTHOR: Tamara - ()

The manager called me today and offered a full refund and also to take care if something happens for the same thing we brought the car in even after the warranty has run out so I feel the manager has solved this in a good way so I want to disclose this since I appreciate it when a company is showing appreciation of a good customer and bad handlings of their employee.

Thanks Ferman Dodge.