Complaint Review: Ferrell Gas

• Updated: Wed, May 23, 2012

• Reported By: Yolanda — Swartz Creek Michigan United States of America
Ferrell Gas
2628 US Highway 131 N Kalkaska, Michigan United States of America

Ferrell Gas Stole my personal propane tank because they filled it without my authorization and I would not pay for it. Kalkaska, Michigan

*Consumer Suggestion: Consumer

*Consumer Comment: No, not a good Idea

In or about August of 2011, I contacted Ferrell Gas because we had a valve on our tank that was leaking and I was told that regardless of who owns the tank, they were responsible for fixing any defects.  I asked them to fix the valve.  The representative asked me at that time if I also wanted it filled.  I said no as I am planning to sell it and do not want a full tank of gas.  At this time I asked that no gas be put into the tank.

Apparently, they didn't care that I did not request a fill up because not only did they fill it up, but I received an invoice for the amount of the gas, somewhere over $350.  I called and left a message with Ferrell Gas to let them know that I had not authorized them to put any gas in my tank and I was not going to pay for a fill up.

They sent the bill to collections.  Once I received the collection notice, I wrote a disbutal and sent it to the collection agency as well as Ferrell Gas.  I stated in the letter that I had not requested nor authorized a fill up and would not be paying that bill.

Rather than looking up my tank to see if it was owned or rented, or contacting me to work out a resolution, Ferrell Gas stole my tank.  I have a receipt showing that the tank is owned, however, they disregarded that and removed my tank from my property.  If they do not return the tank within one week, I will have no choice but to file a police report and take legal action.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2012 11:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ferrell-Gas/Kalkaska-Michigan-/Ferrell-Gas-Stole-my-personal-propane-tank-because-they-filled-it-without-my-authorizatio-867010. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ferrell Gas

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Consumer

AUTHOR: Reno - (United States of America)

If you own your own tank, Its up to you to pay for any repairs. you are responsible for the valve on the tank but they are responsible for pig tail or high pressure or twin regulator that they installed on actuall hook-up to your piping if you did not purchase these items on hook up!. I'm thinking they repaired  it without charge thinking they would capitalize on a refill. Either way, they jumped the gun by picking up the tank, but look at it this way. When you get your tank back ,it will be empty and therefore both have got what they wanted. I dont know what size of tank you have but if you throw a oil base pant job of white and its all repaired , you can make good money off selling it. I sold a refurbished 1965 120 gal for 300.00 bucks ...recently.. they might want a fee for the repair at parts and 80.00 per hr. charge thou....Ouch...dont let them keep the tank!

No, not a good Idea

AUTHOR: Bubba Lee - (Canada)

Get the proof of ownership and the rest of the documentation out and call the police right now!

Where I live this is fraud and theft.

The company has the right (allowing for access etc) to recover their fuel, they might even have the right to move the tank and return it once the fuel they put in is recovered. (Based on environmental and safety laws) But I doubt that they can just take the tank.

Call The Police