barn

Festiva Hospitality Group
Ashville, NC Atlantic Beach, North Carolina United States of America

Festiva Hospitality Group Don't do it!!! Atlantic Beach, North Carolina

*UPDATE Employee: Please contact us to book your vacation

Like the suckers that we apparently are, we went to listen to the timeshare presentation in Atlantic Beach, NC.  We were there for hours and hours and by the time we left were completely exhausted.  They kept going over the timeshares and cost and we did not see the need to do it.  Festiva does not have that many resorts to choose from - most of them are on the East Coast.  So, just as we were about to leave, the salesman said well, we do have a program where you pay this amount one time or you can finance and you can stay at any of the resorts with no maintenance fees, for 1 week and your done.  We thought that sounded okay, we could use it to take our next vacation and then be done with it and the price seemed reasonable.  Plus, they promise you these awesome resorts with full kitchens and 2 bedrooms so sounded okay to us so we did it.  Months later, after the vacation is paid off, I go over my schedule and pick a destination and call the member services number as directed in my paperwork to book it.  "due to high call volume, leave your number and someone will call you back in the order it was received.

So, thinking it must be a busy day, I wait a few hours and same thing.  I left my number and 4 hours later, I get a phone call.  I tell guy where I want to go and he says oh, no you have restricted dates as to when you can travel to which destination.  So, it vaguely mentions in your paperwork weeks 1-12 but no specific dates.  So basically, if you are like me and have children, you would like to travel when the kids are out of school so spring break and summer.  There are no places available except the 2 international locations.  Of course, when you are allowed to go there is during hurricane season or off season.  I asked about Bahamas and you are only allowed to travel Sat through Sat which is also the most expensive days to travel!  Which by the way is not listed in the paperwork!!! Also,, if you don't plan to go to Massachusetts or Myrtle Beach or Charleston in January or February when it is 30 degrees outside then this is not the place for you.  Also, I was told specifically by the salesman that we could travel anytime.  So, let the buyer beware.  Read your paperwork carefully or just do not go at all is my advice.

However, I am wondering if I have been scammed because now everytime I call, no one calls me back. I have left messages for 2 managers to discuss my situation and no response back.  I also emailed 2 differnt email addresses and no response.  Today, I left my number with member services this A.m and it is now 8 hours later and no phone call.  So, if you need to book something quickly forget it!  This is seriously the most ridiculous business I have ever encountered!  I am telling my story so that people out there will proceed with caution or avoid this place all together.  Hindsight is always 20 20 but if you get a phone call offering you a cool prize just to listen to a sales presentation, hang up immediately!  It is not worth a free prize!  I am thankfull though I did not get suckered into a timeshare though because then I would be stuck dealing with this company for years and I cannot wait to get this stupid vacation booked so I never have to deal with them again.  That is if I ever get to book my stay...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2013 05:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Festiva-Hospitality-Group/Atlantic-Beach-North-Carolina-/Festiva-Hospitality-Group-Dont-do-it-Atlantic-Beach-North-Carolina-1025776. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Festiva Hospitality Group

Please contact us to book your vacation

AUTHOR: fachelp - ()

We apologize as we are going through a restructure of our Member Services department.  Please email your contact information to us so we can assist you in booking your vacation.  Email us at fachelp@gmaill.com