Complaint Review: Fia Card Services

• Submitted: Sun, May 27, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, May 27, 2007

• Reported By:Orinda California
Fia Card Services
P.O Box 15720 Wilmington, Delaware U.S.A.

Fia Card Services offers services that they charge for and do not deliver Ripoff Wilmington Delaware

Company sent a promotion offering zero percent balance transfer financing through 11/2007, in addition to benefits from using the credit card for purchases. I signed-up, requested a $10,000 balance transfer on December 19, 2006, and used the card for most of our normal monthly purchasing. Prior to using the card, I called their service representative to ensure that balances would be maintained separately so that my zero percent loan would not get commingled with daily purchase balance, which I wanted to pay-off every month. I had experienced this problem with another credit card. They confirmed there would be no problems in this regard and that I had nothing to worry about. The balance transfer involved an up-front $300 srvc chrge which seemed like a good deal for the free financing through November of the following year. On Jan 2007 statement, noticed a finance chrg for $62. Called Fia and they said that my previous month's paymnt for all normal monthly purchases was applied to my 0% loan balance, and there was no way I could apply that payment to my monthly purchases without first paying-off the $10,000. Their monthly purchase balance finance charge is roughly 14%.
I stopped using the card at that point, and I paid off the $10,000 balance, and paid-off my purchases balance too, but finance charges kept rolling-in for 2 more months. I wrote them a letter on February 19, 2007, requesting a refund of my $300, and telling them they could keep the other interest charged in exchange. Since I had not been able to take advantage of their offer I thought this was a fair settlement.

They wrote back on March 9, and said they would review the matter if I mailed them a copy of the promotion I had originally received. I did so on March 19.

I called them on May 23, 2007 because I had not heard anything in reply. They confirmed that they received my letter and the copy of the original promotion, and they would make no adjustments to my account. I was surprised that they made this decision and that their policy is NOT to inform their customers of such actions, as explained to me when I asked.

My complaint is that they offered benefits that I paid for, and their policy is to not make good on that offer, keeping money paid by their customers for such benefits. They offered both card use benefits and 0%, while in fact the deal amounts to choosing one or the other. This costs well intended customers like me a lot of money, time, and aggravation.

Bob
Orinda, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2007 11:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fia-Card-Services/Wilmington-Delaware-19850/Fia-Card-Services-offers-services-that-they-charge-for-and-do-not-deliver-Ripoff-Wilmingto-250697. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fia Card Services