Complaint Review: Fictitious Business Name Renewal Center

• Updated: Wed, October 03, 2012

• Reported By: Christina — San Francisco California United States of America
Fictitious Business Name Renewal Center
2740 Fulton Ave, Ste 203 Sacramento, California United States of America

Fictitious Business Name Renewal Center FBNRS I received a very official letter with paperwork and a bill requiring me to pay $150.00 to renew my Fictitious Business Name + a $35.00 fee to legalize the minor modification in ownership for my small Sacramento, California

I received a very official looking letter with paperwork and a bill indicating I must pay $150.00 to renew my Fictitious Business Name, as well as an additional $35.00 to legalize a minor modification of ownership for my small business. I am a new business owner, and was completely duped by the professional looking paperwork and payment demands of this company, who calls themselves "Fictitious Business Name Renewal Center" or FBNRS. I paid a total of $185.00 to this company.

A month or so later, I received a notice from San Francisco's County Clerk indicating that my business name had not been renewed, and that it was about to expire. When I called San Francisco's County Clerk to uncover the problem, they told me that I was scammed by the "FBNRS", and that, instead of paying $185.00, I should have worked directly with the SF County Clerk, where I would have only paid $82.00 total for the Fictitious Business Name renewal + ownership modification. I am furious because the FBNRS posed as my only option for renewal. Their paperwork suggested explicitly that the only way to avoid losing my Fictitious Business Name, is by paying them. I had no idea there was another option.

It pains me to know that this fraudulent company is targeting small business owners, who are at the very core of our economy. I would like my money back, as well as a public record of this repeated scam performed by "FBNRS."

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/03/2012 03:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fictitious-Business-Name-Renewal-Center/Sacramento-California-95821/Fictitious-Business-Name-Renewal-Center-FBNRS-I-received-a-very-official-letter-with-paper-950428. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fictitious Business Name Renewal Center