Complaint Review: Fidelity Finance Company

• Updated: Tue, March 24, 2009

• Reported By:Charlevoix Michigan
Fidelity Finance Company
7411 Gordon Rd Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Fidelity Finance Company Mail Fraud, Wire Fraud, Fraudulant Check Ottawa Ontario

I received a envelope in the mail with no return address and postmarked from Canada.
The envelope contained a letter and very real looking check. The letter is from Fidelity Finance Company, Ottawa, Ontario. The check is issued from Wells Fargo Bank, Minnesota, N.A. (Wayzata Office). It looks genuine with watermarks on the back. The check is in the amount of $5,985.00. The letter contains information regarding winning some second catagory sweepstake declaring that I had won $125,000 U.S. Instructions were given to call David Frances at 1-778-317-6395. Also, the letter details that the check is a portion of the winnings that were deducted as Canadian Non-Resident Government Service Tax of which $4,985 is to be mailed to Donna Kurtz, 54 Hardy St., Ottawa, Ontario, M6Y 2W9, Canada. I call David Frances (who had a very thick foreign accent) who told me there were 3 steps to take in order to get the rest of the winnings. Step 1: Deposit the check into my checking account; Step 2: Call him back when step 1 was completed so he could "activate" the check, authorizing the bank to pay it; Step 3: Wait for the check to clear and then wire transfer the money to Donna Kurtz. After that, he told me I would then received a check for the remainder of my winnings for $119,000. I asked him what sweepstakes I had entered and he told me that I must have shopped at Kmart, Walmart, Costco, and some other stores in the last 6 months and filled out an online survey. I had. I knew this was a fraud immediately but curiousity made me call him just to confirm. I am going to take this check and letter to my local police for further investigation. We need to stop this kind of activity. I hope they can get this guy.

Charlevoix, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2009 08:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fidelity-Finance-Company/Ottawa-Ontario-M6T-4H3/Fidelity-Finance-Company-Mail-Fraud-Wire-Fraud-Fraudulant-Check-Ottawa-Ontario-437053. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fidelity Finance Company