Complaint Review: Fidelity Information Corporation

• Updated: Fri, March 22, 2013

• Reported By: JACK — SANTA CLARA California
Fidelity Information Corporation
11990 San Vicente Blvd Ste 340 Los Angeles, California United States of America

Fidelity Information Corporation rentrecoveryservice.com FIC DISALLOWED CREDITOR TO CANCEL ERRONEOUSLY PLACED ACCOUNT WITHOUT PAYING 10% Los Angeles, California

I erroneously turned a tenant's collection account to them for contingency based collection in early March. So I faxed a letter to them to cancel the FIC account. Their customer service rep Rebecca & Amanda (who claimed to be the supervisor of the legal department) informed me I had to pay them 10% of the principle amount since they have started working on the account. I explained this account was newly opened within a week and should be able to close. Then, they started to get upset & talked really fast & later got angry & started to yell at me on the phone. They ended up wasn't willing to close the account.

I originally was debating whether to use them for our future work, potentially building a deep, mutually beneficial business relationship. Now through this experience, I learned they were very difficult to work with and that's not the kind of partner we're looking for.

My advice to other business or landlords is that be cautious when you use them. They're fairly rigid in their ways and when there're problems they appear unwilling to cooperate whatsoever.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2013 03:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fidelity-Information-Corporation/Los-Angeles-California-90049/Fidelity-Information-Corporation-rentrecoveryservicecom-FIC-DISALLOWED-CREDITOR-TO-CANCEL-1037162. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fidelity Information Corporation