Complaint Review: Fidelity Mortgage - Calvary Portfolio

• Submitted: Wed, June 13, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, June 13, 2007

• Reported By:Charlotte North Carolina
Fidelity Mortgage - Calvary Portfolio
10150 Mallard Creek Road, Suite 400 Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.A.
  • Phone: 866-366-7402 x 2520
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Fidelity Mortgage - Calvary Portfolio Predatory Lending ripoff Charlotte North Carolina

Good Afternoon,

I am writing you to express my dissatisfaction with an experience with a refinance loan application with Fidelity Mortgage/ Calvary Portfolio. I was first contacted by a young lady named Carrie, her contact number is (866) - 274-8842 x 5037. She informed me that a gentleman named Jason Fitzsimmons would contact me from her Charlotte office regarding the details. Jason's contact number is: (866)-366-7402 x 2520.
Jason contacted me and asked me to produce some documents so he could start the application process. I scheduled and paid for an appraisal and during the next few weeks we exchanged numerous e-mails and telephone calls relating to the application.

At the same time I was being hounded by Lea Shott from another division called Calvary Portfolio regarding an old debt. Each time I would speak to Jason or Carrie, I noticed that Lea Shott would have the same information that I supplied to them almost immediately. She knew what time the closing was scheduled for, she knew the amount of the loan and other information that according to Fidelity's website was private.

In addition Lea called my employer numerous times after I asked her not to. I told her that we could discuss it at my home number. She however persisted to harass me at work. She spoke with my direct supervisor twice and she put my employment in danger. When I question Lea, Carrie and Jason about this, they all denied any connection between the two organizations.

When we arrived at a point of scheduling a closing date I was informed by Lea's boss that the loan would not close with Fidelity unless I agreed to pay Calvary out of the proceeds. I took exception to this type of strong arm tactic and I informed Jason and Carrie. Jason feigned like he was upset with Calvary and he finally admitted that the two companies were related and they were working together to try and get me to close the loan by any means possible.

This really upset me because I felt that I had been lied to and I felt that my privacy had been violated. I have often read about this type of predatory lending but I have never experienced it first hand. After you have worked all of your life to provide a home for your family, it can be taken away in an instant through a company that is not completely honest. How can anyone fell secure about closing a loan with a company like this?

At this point I do not care to do business with Fidelity or Calvary, the only thing I am asking for is a copy of the appraisal that I paid for. I have sent repeated e-mails and made numerous telephone calls to Jason, and Carrie asking for my appraisal. Jason and Carrie havenot had the decency to call me back.

Held
Charlotte, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2007 06:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fidelity-Mortgage-Calvary-Portfolio/Charlotte-North-Carolina-28262/Fidelity-Mortgage-Calvary-Portfolio-Predatory-Lending-ripoff-Charlotte-North-Carolina-254125. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fidelity Mortgage - Calvary Portfolio