Complaint Review: Fidelity Mortgage Direct Corp

• Submitted: Mon, January 11, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, November 07, 2012

• Reported By: J T — WPB Florida United States of America
Fidelity Mortgage Direct Corp
1655 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd Suite C708 West Palm Beach, Florida United States of America

Fidelity Mortgage Direct Corp Do Not Do Business With This Company West Palm Beach, Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Commonwealth

*General Comment: well where is fidelity now?

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: A BIG BOSS OF FIDELITY

I am a former employee of Fidelity Mortgage Direct Corp and after what I have seen internally I would tell every borrower out there to keep shopping around.

They break RESPA violations on every single transaction.

They do not fully disclose fees in the Good Faith Estimate

I have seen employess doctor disclosures

Their sister title company Commonwealth over charges for title insurance to cover their lead expenses.

They dont charge points up front and tell the borrowers that they will not charge points but when you get to the closing table the points have been added in.

They treat their employees like shit.  They expect them to close loans on leads where borrowers are already at low fixed rates and have no need for cash out.

The leads are so old 90% of them have already refinanced and they micro mananage their employees who do their best and show loyalty to the company because the leads they buy are pathetic.

This is a bottom feeding company and the president of the company John Pineda and his mindless obedient bitch Javier Infiesta are both true scumbags.

Do not do business with this company so they are forced to close down.

DO NOT work for this company.  You will waste your time and energy.

The only people who are closing loans are those who are closely related to the big bosses and fed the best leads while others scramble to make a living.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2010 02:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fidelity-Mortgage-Direct-Corp/West-Palm-Beach-Florida-33401/Fidelity-Mortgage-Direct-Corp-Do-Not-Do-Business-With-This-Company-West-Palm-Beach-Flori-552616. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fidelity Mortgage Direct Corp

Commonwealth

AUTHOR: ***Title Agent*** - (United States of America)

I was the Branch Manager of the title company from the moment it opened til mid Dec of 2009 ... YES we had high fees,

NO we did not Over Charge Title Insurance as this is ILLEGAL, and our 2 different underwriters would have shut us down for this. Title Insurance rates are mandated by the state not by the individual agent. What you neglected to mention was that Commonwealth ALWAYS worked with Fidelitys GREEDY LOs and dropped our fees to little to nothing or even paid out to close a loan, especially by our West Palm Beach office. YES we paid for Fidelitys leads, hence the Affiliated Business Disclosure that had to be signed with EVERY file. YES I saved more files at the time of closing than I can remember. YES I was Fidelitys last line of defense to make sure that everything was correct, legal and legit.

What happened after I left, I cant justify for, but I can say that Commonwealth was one of the CLEANEST title companies during the economic bomb. I would never allow anything shady, and even sent files I didnt want to another title company that will remain nameless.  I get it you were probably screwed over, like everyone else was but please make sure your facts are right.

In the 4 years I ran that company I had 0 (zero) claims. Thats unheard of!!! I still to this day have not had anyone come back about ANYTHING that was ever done on my closings.

Instead of lashing out, take the time you spent at Fidelity as a learning experience. I know everyone I still keep in touch with has. We are all actually at a new company and all doing well.

Fidelity taught us how to work hard and appreciate that we all actually work for people that care. Head up Im sure your better off now anyways.

#2 General Comment

well where is fidelity now?

AUTHOR: Bg069 - (U.S.A.)

I have to admit the leads were terrible. The only good leads were the live ones but only loan officers that passed the probational period and even those leads did not pan out because fidelity could not provide the best rates. Most of the leads were recycled leads. Leads that were getting called by fidelity on a daily basis. I know this because some of the people would answer irate about the amount of times we and other lending companies called them. Either way most of what this ex employee said is true, and most of what the big boss said is true.....

#3 REBUTTAL Individual responds

A BIG BOSS OF FIDELITY

AUTHOR: George Dudley - (United States of America)

"Former Employee" of fidelity it is unfortunate that you feel the way you do. Me being the Sales Manager of the West Palm Beach Branch for almost 3 years i would like to respectfully disagree with every single statement below.

1. "We Dont fully disclose our fees" - how in the world is this even possible in this day an age with the amount of compliance there is. The days of "bait and switch" have been long gone.

2. "We doctor documents" - every year our files are audited by the states we lend in. I find this charge a desprate attempt to smear Fidelity

3. "Common Wealth overcharges" - I dont understand what this has to do with you being a good loan officer. I work with other title companies that charge similar fees and the customer at the end of the day has the option to find a less expensive title company that is approved by the lenders we use.

4. "We Treat our employees like @#$" - well if you call allowing your employees to start thier work day at 10am to take a 2 hour lunch break from 1 to 3 to pay for thier Gym memeberships, to give half days on Friday, to have mid year conferences at Wet and Wild, to pay for trips to Jamaica and D.Republic to the top Loan officers, and various other production contests then i will do my best to try to improve that enviorment.

5. "the leads are old and we micro manage" - if the leads were that bad you wouldnt be complaining about them becuase we wouldnt be in business. maybe you wernt getting the glen gary glen ross leads becuase you were not a consistant producer. As far as micro managing.... those that needed it were and those that are able to do the job at a high level were not.The fact of the matter is you are expected to produce no matter where you go. you can blame it on the leads, or someone telling you to do the job they highered you to do or the title company but at the end of the day if you are not working you will get poor results. I Guarantee if i you gave me your name and i pulled your reports for the time you were witth Fidelity you were not puttingg for the work Ethic to suceed and no matter how good you think you are or how good you precieve the leads to be at my company or any other company leads cannot not hide your work ethic or lack of.

I far as calling Javier and John Scum Bags...............Couldn't be the furthest thing from the truth my friend....... ....... good luck with your future endevors and if anyone would like to contact me Directly i am the former Sales Manager of West Palm Beach now the Site Director of Tampa Fidelity