Complaint Review: Fido Cell Phone

• Reported By: vitagirl — Calgary Alberta Canada
Fido Cell Phone
Montreal, Quebec United States of America

Fido Cell Phone Beward their 'agreements' Montreal, Quebec

Although Fido advertises on television every day that they do no 'do contracts' just try and cancel their 'agreement'.  I got soaked for over $400 because I had to switch to a company that actually has cellular coverage in an area I have to travel frequently, where Fido does not.  I was told when I started with them that there was no contract, just an 'agreement' but if I cancelled early I had to pay $100 per phone.  I was willing to do that, but got a bill for $590.  When I called their customer service (and I use the term loosely) I was told that when we took the free phones it became a contract.  Funny, I never signed anything as it was all done over the phone.  Anyway, now I'm informed that it's $20 per month for every month left in the contract (which they are now calling it), but won't break down why my phone is $150 to cancel and my husband's is $300 to cancel when we started at the same time and I had way more features on my line than he had.  They also charged me for a month of service after I already switched to another company because they said I didn't give them notice of cancellation, although why should I have to, when there supposedly is no contract to cancel??  They finally agreed to knock off $150 bucks, but when I asked for 90 days to pay the rest in installments I was told I had to pay in no more than 45 days or they would send me to collections.  Interestingly, I have just viewed a commercial for Fido that say phones for $0 and NO CONTRACTS.  These guys are liars and rip offs and no one should ever use Fido for any reason EVER!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2010 05:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fido-Cell-Phone/Montreal-Quebec-/Fido-Cell-Phone-Beward-their-agreements-Montreal-Quebec-593671. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fido Cell Phone