• Report: #322034

Complaint Review: Fido Marketing Solutions Inc.

• Submitted: Fri, March 28, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, June 15, 2010

• Reported By:Ontario California
Fido Marketing Solutions Inc.
475 Brookside Dr Frederiction. New Brunswick, E3A 8Z4 Canada, New Brunswick Canada

Fido Marketing Solutions Inc. Lucky Sweepstake winner New Brunswick, E3A 8Z4 Canada New Brunswick

*Consumer Comment: GUESS WHO'S BACKKKKK

*Consumer Suggestion: things you need to do.

I received a letter today dated 3/24/2008 from Fido marketing solutions Inc., 475 Brookside DR Frederiction., New Brunswick,. E3A 8Z4 Canada, saying I was a winner in the second category of Sweepstakes,(Claim # FM/LC/8/6/N)with a check enclosed for the amount of $4,365.85 deducted from my winnings ($180,000 US Dollars)to assist me in paying for the Non Resident Government Tax - $2,800.00 to go to Surcharges/Govt.tax due on your winning, but not to do anything until contacting Daniel Peters at 1-647-233-1285 for activation, letter was signed by Russell Weinstein (Client Care Manager).

Check was a Citibank Delaware, One Penns Way, New Castle Delaware, from Global Services Inc., Accounts Payable Dept. P.O. Box 2339, Cherry Hill, NJ 08002- looked real. I couldn't find anything under any of these names.

I wondered how these people came up with my name and address - I never enter anything. Well, I may be broke, but I'm not stupid. So, I happened upon this site and sure enough, there were other stories with the same scam just under different people. Hopefully you can do something. GO GET 'EM.

Robin
Ontario, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2008 05:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fido-Marketing-Solutions-Inc/New-Brunswick-E3A-8Z4-Canada-New-Brunswick/Fido-Marketing-Solutions-Inc-Lucky-Sweepstake-winner-New-Brunswick-E3A-8Z4-Canada-New-Br-322034. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fido Marketing Solutions Inc.

GUESS WHO'S BACKKKKK

AUTHOR: KREAMSSODA - (United States of America)

My mom called me today. She was excited about the letter and "Check" she'd just received totaling amost $4500.00 with a promise to pay the remaining balance of @ $100,000. I started to get excited too until she told me it was a sweepstakes winning that was being given to my dad. (Oh, I forgot to mention that my dad passed away about 5 years ago).

So I ended up on the computer researching a few things about this company and to my surprise......several others have experienced pretty much the same things. So, I've concluded that Fido is back! Back to the old tricks of 2008. Two years later, still doing the same shady crap. I guess you can't teach an old "dog" new tricks.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

things you need to do.

AUTHOR: Jill Beyer - (U.S.A.)

Glad to hear you did not get scammed. Just a few things please send a copy of the letter to Citibank Fraud Division. It is very important that you do. And take the letter to your post office for the POST MASTER GENERAL. Anyone that has gotten these must do these steps. It is very important. Again, I am glad YOU did not get scammed but your help in the above will get these letters stopped.