Complaint Review: Fifth Third Bank

• Reported By: michael scarn — Virginia
Fifth Third Bank
38 Fountain Square Plaza Cincinatti, Ohio USA

Fifth Third Bank HARP refinancing - you will NEVER close!! Cincinatti Ohio

My wife and I have been trying to refinance since Feb 2013...it's now mid June 2013.  We still haven't closed.  Meanwhile we've lost our locked in rate of 3.625 and the value of the loan has gone up every month. We have been submitting and resubmitting paperwork (checking AND savings account statements, investment accounts, paystubs, verification of employment, verification of mortgage, etc) every month since February. Some of these docs you can't just go online and print out.  It's a process to obtain copies of some of these items.
Our credit is upper 700s for both of us. We've never been late or missed a payment. The problem is that when you send in these items, the bank takes 10-15 days to open them...and all forms must be dated within 30 days of the estimated closing date.  So you've already lost 10-15 days before they even start the process of underwriting your loan. I spoke with one of the bank's regional managers, David Johnson and he basically hung up the phone on me saying he wasn't going to talk to me when I asked why the bank was taking 10 days to open the documents we were sending.
I can't imagine having to deal with these people for 15 - 30 years!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/11/2013 07:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fifth-Third-Bank/Cincinatti-Ohio-45263/Fifth-Third-Bank-HARP-refinancing-you-will-NEVER-close-Cincinatti-Ohio-1058420. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fifth Third Bank