Complaint Review: Fifth Third Bank

• Submitted: Sat, August 08, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, August 08, 2009

• Reported By:Louisville Kentucky
Fifth Third Bank
3821 Ruckriegel Parkway Louisville, Kentucky U.S.A.

Fifth Third Bank Falsely closed account with false accusations. Then 4 days after account was closed paid automatic bill payment, did not notify us or allow us to make a deposit. Louisville Kentucky

On 06/07/09 Fifth Third charged put a hold on our acct. due to the fact a local store double charged our acct. The amounts were exactly the same and within 1 min. per charge.

I notified them it was an accidental double charge. Their response, "being that it wasn't a bank error, it was not their problem".

Then I was charged $111.00 in overdraft charges due to the weekend.

One June 30th a customer service manager. She explained it was a bank error but we will refund the double charge and the overdraft fees. The very same day this lady wrote a letter in retribution (it would appear), that stated 10 days from the date of the letter our acct. would be closed regarding "suspicious" activity.

3 days after the acct. was closed they paid an online payment for $350.00 never sending any notification or refusing to pay the charge due to the acct. being closed. There was however money in the acct. to cover any and all pending charges up to the date of closure.

Since they paid the online billing charge after the acct was closed that took all the money I'd left in the acct. for the debit card charges I knew would be going through. To zero out my balance.

Now Fifth Third has charged me $300.00 in overdraft charges plus $8.00 a day to the tune $1,053.00.

Of course I have a new bank now but I see no way how I am responsible for a charge they paid 3 days after they declared the acct. closed .

Richard
Louisville, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2009 07:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fifth-Third-Bank/Louisville-Kentucky-40299/Fifth-Third-Bank-Falsely-closed-account-with-false-accusations-Then-4-days-after-account-477760. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fifth Third Bank