Complaint Review: Fifth Third Bank

• Updated: Wed, August 10, 2011

• Reported By: curlytoo — naples Florida USA
Fifth Third Bank
fifththird.com Internet United States of America

Fifth Third Bank Fifth Third Bank - 5/3 Bank RIPOFF Lying, uncooperative, mismanaged, deceitful and Fraudulant. Internet

*Consumer Comment: wow GREAT CATCH!

*Consumer Comment: Ironic

*Consumer Comment: Shills?

*Consumer Comment: Fans?

*Consumer Comment: To Jeannie

*Consumer Comment: Karl & rik

*Consumer Comment: To Jim

*Consumer Comment: KARL KRAPPED HERE another shi**y poem

*Consumer Comment: What he said.

*Consumer Comment: Hi, Jim. :)

*Consumer Comment: Whats REALLY CUTE

*Consumer Comment: "IMF SONG 6"...

*General Comment: Nite Drops Mr Rik

*Consumer Comment: Bad for BANK EMPLOYEES because...

*Consumer Comment: Bad for Consumers Because....

*Consumer Comment: Good for consumers because THEY GET FREE MONEY!

*Consumer Comment: Good For The Bank Because it Costs Them Nothing

*Consumer Suggestion: Good idea to settle, IF YOUR THE BANK

*Consumer Comment: Good Idea To Settle

*Consumer Suggestion: Retards...

*Consumer Comment: Matters?

*Consumer Comment: Troll rik still doesn't get it

*Consumer Suggestion: What really matters

*Consumer Comment: All of that means nothing. You ARE still irresponsible.

*Consumer Comment: NC Elder

*Consumer Suggestion: Fifth-Third Got Caught!! Now they must pay back $millions to customers!!

*Consumer Comment: simple fix

*Consumer Comment: Just 2 words for you.....C-H-E-C-K-B-O-O-K R-E-G-I-S-T-E-R

Fifth Third Banks are professional scam artists! They have been re-sequencing the order in which they credit your bank account with deposits and debits. They will take all the money out first thing in the day during banking hours and then add your cash, check or auto deposits after closing on purpose to overdraft your account. When I discoverd this I went all the way up the ladder in the state of Florida. I was told "this is legal and Bank of America does it too" this response is a lie and very childish. This response was repeated by almost every employee of the company, including a Regional manager for Naples.

I tried for 4 months to close my account. Each and every time I was told by 2 different branches that I would have to pay between $281-$389 to close the acct. Always stating additional fee's. (I had not used the acct. for months and had a zero balance.) I would pay the stupid fee each time just to end it. Now I'm in the 4th month... I of course thought last month when I paid the bogus amount of $389 and cut up the debit card, closed the debit card, closed my acct by signing documents, had them shut off the online acct all infront of me with copies of all documents for the 3rd time, that this was over. Today (month 4) I recieved two letters in the mail stating that my acct is once again overdrafted $281 and they are reporting me to a collection agency. And as you have guessed.... the second letter is from the collection agency stating that collection and reporting to the credit bureaus has begun. (they both came together)

Now I am trying to reach the last Branch manager that "closed" my acct. She is out "on leave" the first Branch manager was also "out on leave" mmmmmm. All employees act like they don't know what I'm talking about or tell me just to pay the money and this time they will close it. Ya Right!

Do Not Ever go to this Bank!  You will forever regret it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/05/2011 07:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fifth-Third-Bank/internet/Fifth-Third-Bank-Fifth-Third-Bank-53-Bank-RIPOFF-Lying-uncooperative-mismanaged-dec-713975. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fifth Third Bank

wow GREAT CATCH!

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

I find it sad that's all you can say!

KROGER SHILL.

Ironic

AUTHOR: I am the law - (USA)

I find it ironic that Mr. Rik is insulting other people's spelling abilities when he can't even spell the word "leech".

Shills?

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

Yep between me and Karl, I'd say we get the most action here!

You shills just can't stay away!

I know it sucks leading such callous lives and to serve no real purpose other than to shill for your masters, but you shouldn't be so jealous!

Robert Buffalo- What the hell's "intriging"?

Good Day!

Fans?

AUTHOR: Robert - (USA)

Thanks for giving my fans some good advice.

ROTFLMFAO!!!   Only in your delusional world would anyone believe you have any fans anywhere!

Does your mommy know you're taking her laptop into the bathroom when you go in there for some "me time?"

LOL!  I think it's rather intriging that you appeared here at about the same time as another annoying troll seemed to vanish.  Know anyone in north hollywood?

To Jeannie

Too much time on hands?

I bet you're a real sweetheart to be around!

Karl & rik

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

Karl is a paranoid delusional individual with some degree of intellect and is attempting to contribute to this web site. I consider his ravings to be annoying and have chosen to scroll past them.

mr rik is immature and has elected to draw attention to himself by posting gross remarks and dancing naked in the street. He is fully aware that he has no intellectual capacity or the ability to contribute anything useful to this web site.

To Jim

AUTHOR: Jeanski - (USA)

I've reported both Karl and Mr. Rik to the editor and been ignored. It seems that Editor doesn't care about the integrity of the site when he lets them post stupid (Karl) or disgusting (rik) things.  I've just about given up reviewing the site except when I want to look up something in particular.  The best thing you can do is just ignore their posts and not feed the trolls. I've yet to see anyone respond to Karl with anything like, "Hey Karl, good site! Thanks for posting it".  As for rik, well, he's just immature and gross.

KARL KRAPPED HERE another shi**y poem

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

People please, help me stop KARL KRAPPING all over Ripoff Reports By posting Shitty Poems.

What he said.

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

Looks like this sites pickin up some brains.

You shills will have to start working overtime!

Well over-overtime that is.

Hi, Jim. :)

AUTHOR: Eddie zilker - (U.S.A.)

There's no such thing as free money.  Hahahaha!!

Gotta love your sense of irony.  Making it seem as though banks are just eeking by on their pitiable 38.5 billion dollar per year revenue booster.  Laundry detergent fails at a paltry 4-6 billion dollars per year.  The real money is in banking, leaching off the consumer while offering nothing but stress in terms of value.

The numbers don't lie, but you do, Jim.

Whats REALLY CUTE

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

is that I continue to get away with it time and again!

Thanks for giving my fans some good advice.  Yes beware of cameras, but thats pretty common knowledge.

Picturing the bank peons scrubbing away with toothbrushes-PRICELESS!

"IMF SONG 6"...

AUTHOR: Karl - (USA)

is available at this website!

*Just type in 494230 and it appears in the consumer comments section at Ripoff Report #494230.

#13 General Comment

Nite Drops Mr Rik

AUTHOR: unknown - (U.S.A.)

To anyone who thinks it's cute to put things down the nite drop is funny, would you think it's funny if you got arrested for doing so? Other than deposits or money  or anything of banking statue, should never ever be put down the chute..Imagine all the other deposits that other folks has put in that was ruined all becuse of you. and besides did ya think that you might be on camera being recorded with your picture and car as big as life on it. It oh so neat to say things like that on here but you really can't be doing that are ya..Talk is cheap..

Bad for BANK EMPLOYEES because...

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

THEY get to clean up my sh*t!

Ha, most of the places I make night deposits I don't even bank with!

So tell me how that is costing me???

When a bank changes a policy- I CHANGE MY BANK!

As MORE people get smart on this, you will see MORE banks BITING THE DUST!

It took you that long to come up with that garbage?

Bank bootlicks that think they can get one over on me... are suckers!

Bad for Consumers Because....

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

there is no such thing as free money.  Already banks have changed policies to allow them to charge for accounts previously determined to be free.  All banks, even the small regional banks have done this in an effort to recover whatever they lost, and then some.  Dropping shit into a deposit box may be funny, but the bank will eventually shit on you too.  The bank has all the angles covered...it just is what it is.  That's why they settle - cause it costs them nothing in the long run.  People who think this is free money...are suckers.

Good for consumers because THEY GET FREE MONEY!

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

"The bank would most definitely win in court"  -Then why are they being such pushies? That FREE MONEY for consumers is coming from somewhere isn't is Jim.

Even if they have "insurance" as you claim, what happens when you file a claim with insurance??? Thats right, the bank bites it!

Good For The Bank Because it Costs Them Nothing

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

The bank would most definitely win in court; the T&C's are there and spelled out in plain English for quite a few years now (the product of another class action suit).  However, the bank doesn't need to fight it out when it has insurance and is in bed with the attorneys on both sides of the case.  The biggest winners in a class action suit with the bank is the bank and the attorneys; the losers are the insurance companies, and the big losers are the consumers.  Anybody who thinks the bank is getting stuck with a big settlement - trust me, the banks are the ones laughing.

#18 Consumer Suggestion

Good idea to settle, IF YOUR THE BANK

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

Na Baby Na, the bank wants to settle caz they know they will LOSE THEIR A*S!

It's their way of crying UNCLE!

HAHA! F- THEM! Cant wait for the next "settlement"!

Did I mention what I do to night deposit boxes?

Good Idea To Settle

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

I mean they will eventually win in court, but banks stay out of court to minimize their attorney fees on something like this.  The best part is that this won't cost the bank much at all; in all likelihood it costs them about $500K and their E&O policy picks up the rest.  The attorneys get half, the bank's current or former customers get half, the bank never has to admit fault, and they get to keep the millions of $$ they made off of careless customers.  I suspect the bank would have loved to take this to its ultimate conclusion (winning), but settling is probably the insurance company's idea more than anything else.

All banks did what this bank did, and some still do it.  Better to keep a check register....

#20 Consumer Suggestion

Retards...

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

To Steve, Why should I be responsible when I can get FREE money from the big leach!

Hell I dont even know if I had an account with em!

Why do they want to keep this from going to court?  (stay outta court-for the mentally challenged).

To Robert, what is a settlement???

GIMME GIMME GIMME!

Later SUCKERS!

Matters?

AUTHOR: Robert - (USA)

Is that 5-3 is trying to stay outta court.

News Flash:  They are ALREADY in court!  The court must approve any settlement agreement.

Idiot!  Say hello to your "cousin" in North Hollywood.

A responsible party never shys away from responsibiltiy!

A responsible party doesn't post such nonsense!

Troll rik still doesn't get it

AUTHOR: Steve - (USA)

I figured this "rik" troll would be one of those not smart enough to manage is checking account.

It fits.

The bank is not admitting fault.They are just dealing with our welfare minded society.

Gimme..Gimme...Gimme

It's not my fault. I'm not responsible for my own actions...

Gimme...Gimme...Gimme

If people would just use some 3rd grade math, and a shred of discipline, they would have no overdrafts.

Grow up.

Take responsibility for your own actions, or lack thereof.

#23 Consumer Suggestion

What really matters

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

Is that 5-3 is trying to stay outta court.  A responsible party never shys away from responsibiltiy!

I just submitted my claim.

Its time to pay the piper baby!

All of that means nothing. You ARE still irresponsible.

AUTHOR: Steve - (USA)

The bottom line here is still that sequence means absolutely nothing if you keep an accurate register, and use discipline.

The days of "floating" checks are LONG GONE, as you have found out.

I have had dozens of different checking accounts at dozens of different banks and credit unions over the past 31 years.

Guess what?

I have NEVER paid even 1 NSF fee!

Why is that?

And, I have for many years ran my accounts down to within just 1 dollar!

Still, no problems.

Those lawsuits mean nothing.

These banks pay a settlement out of court just to save the expense of a drawn ot court case.

That money Fifth Third is paying out is like me spending $100.

It means nothing.

You are not smart.

You are not on to anything here.

You are just another idiot who cannot figure out a checkbook register.

No rip off here.

NC Elder

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

we had "CONSTANT" overdraft fees. I could never find any reasonable explanation for it"

There's a reasonable explanation for it. You authorized withdrawal transactions that exceeded your available funds.

The settlement does not change the fact that you spent money that was not available.

#26 Consumer Suggestion

Fifth-Third Got Caught!! Now they must pay back $millions to customers!!

AUTHOR: NC Elder - (United States of America)

I know "all to well" what this customer is going through. To heck with keeping records! Record-keeping means "NOTHING" to these demons!! Me and my father both had accounts with this "evil entity", and we had "CONSTANT" overdraft fees. I could never find any reasonable explanation for it! I thought I was losing my mind at one point! I knew that it wasn't because of "bad" record keeping!!

I am "THRILLED" to report: there is now a Class-Action lawsuit regarding electronic transactions, and overdraft fees. Fifth-Third now "HAS" to pay back millions they've "stolen" from  account holders! YIPPIE!!

Go to www.53.com, scroll to the bottom of page, and click on the link in the middle of the page where it's posted about the law suit.  It will take you to a page and instruct you about the overdraft settlement,  and how to file your claims.

Also- for the people who have never banked at Fifth-Third-you obviously have "NO" clue about their arbitrary practices. We're not idiots and we know how to keep records. However, we didn't know how...but we knew we were "indeed" getting ripped off, and royally! Now we know!  Good luck to everyone with your claims!

P.S. Actually, Fifth-Third Should be shut down by the US government! Let's hope this happens!

simple fix

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

Never write checks or authorize debits on an account that doesn't have sufficient funds to cover those transactions and the order they are presented will have no effect.

Turn off all automatic debit transactions or the account will continue to overdraft even if the account is closed.

Just 2 words for you.....C-H-E-C-K-B-O-O-K R-E-G-I-S-T-E-R

AUTHOR: Steve - (USA)

If YOU properly manage your account and use an accurate checkbook register, the sequence of transactions means absolutely NOTHING.

Transaction sequence matters ONLY to people who overdraft their accounts.

Stop overdrafting, and sequence doesn't matter!

PROBLEM SOLVED!

I could care less about transaction sequencing.

That's because I maintain an accurate checkbook register.

And, I don't "float" transactions.

I make a deposit, and wait for it to clear, and be posted and available.

Then, and only then, do I use that money.

It takes discipline to have a checking account.

Too bad so many people have no discipline.

Managing a checkbook is nothing but 3rd grade math.