Complaint Review: Fifth Third Mortgage - Aimee Green

• Updated: Fri, July 26, 2013

• Reported By: Richard P — Kentucky
Fifth Third Mortgage - Aimee Green
Louisville, Kentucky USA

Fifth Third Mortgage - Aimee Green Fifth Third Mortgage lies and cheats Louisville Kentucky

I was contacted by Fifth Third Mortgage to refinance my home loan early March 2013.  They had been calling me for month to do this.  I had a baby on the way and decided it would be beneficial for my family to refi.  They called took my information down and no one called back.  I waited a few buisness days and then started to get worried it really wasn't Fifth Third I gave my information to.  I got on-line and and called someone from their website.  This person was rude and said there wasn't any way they could help me save money.  I worked in the mortgage business for years and knew that was false.  My wife then went to a local branch and spoke with a loan officer there.  They said they could help and get back to us.  They never did.  I let it go for a couple of weeks and then attempted to get in contact with Fifth Third again in the middle of April.  I tracked down the person that took my information and she said she would give my contact information to the loan officer again.  Days later Aimee Green got back to me.  By this time my wife was 39 weeks pregnant and getting ready to deliver.  I wanted to move fast due to the time constraint a newborn can bring.  I had everything they needed as soon as they asked for it.  We had the appraisal completed the first week of May and then my wife delivered.  We were waiting to hear when the closing date was when Fifth Third started calling for additional information.  My wife's maternity leave was causing an issue because she is technically an Independent Contractor. Fine.  They said we would have to wait until my wife went back to work to complete the loan.  I wasn't happy, but I went with it.

I didn't hear anything concerning changes to the loan at all from Aimee Green the entire time my wife was out for Maternity leave.  July 18th I get an e-mail from Fifth Third saying that I have documents to review.  I open the document and things have changed.  Apparently, they had been extending my rate lock and charging me for it.  They also increased my loan amount (without notification) to cover the fees they were charging me.  If any of this had been disclosed to me I would have cancelled everything and gone with another bank.  Now, the rates have gone way up and I am stuck.

I confronted Aimee Green and Fifth Thid concerning their lack of communication about the change in the loan and what they expected me to pay.  They said that they had left me a voicemail with the charges I was incurring on my phone.  I keep my voicemails (a bad habit), so I knew they were lying.  I also have all of my e-mail communications.  I went back and fourth with Aimee Green and the V.P. in Louisville for days trying to get answers and when they answered my question finally she lied and said she had left a message with the information on it.  Then they tried to give me a higher rate as a consulation.

They lied about informing me of the charges they were going to make me pay and then they tried to send the forms to me without discussing any changes to the loan (In hopes I wouldn't pay attention).  They also said I didn't disclose my wife being pregnant at the beginning of the process.  I have the e-mail to prove that I did.  Fifth Third lies, and they try to slide charges in under your nose.  I thought dealing with a bank would be different, but they are the same as every slime ball out there.  This isn't over.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2013 11:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fifth-Third-Mortgage-Aimee-Green/Louisville-Kentucky/Fifth-Third-Mortgage-Aimee-Green-Fifth-Third-Mortgage-lies-and-cheats-Louisville-Kentuc-1070347. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fifth Third Mortgage - Aimee Green