Complaint Review: Fifth Tile

• Updated: Thu, February 14, 2013

• Reported By: SM — Rancho Mirage California United States of America
Fifth Tile
67858 E Palm Canyon Drive Rancho Mirage., California United States of America

Fifth Tile Misrepresentation, fraud, dishonest business practices Rancho Mirage. , California

Owner of business misrepresented that he would subcontract part of the job I hired him to do toa plumber and that the price included complete cost and instillation of product(vanity). He said if I would pay cash he would charge no tax. he then offered to take a check for the same reason. he indicated he was not a plumber but the plumbing charges were included in the total price. After he got my check in hand he handed me a receipt which showed that the plumbing was not included. He also informed me that the basins were not included in the price after telling me that when he completed the job the vanity would be functional and ready for use with no further work required.

When I discovered, on the receipt, that the plumbing was not included and the basins were not included, he refused to refund my $1000. he said that this was a special order, which it was not because he said in front of witnesses that he keeps the cabinets, basins, and granite in stock. He said he would keep $300 of my money. I am sure he does this to a lot of people.

He was verbally abusive and totally unwilling to work with me and very obnoxious.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2013 09:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fifth-Tile/Rancho-Mirage-California-92234/Fifth-Tile-Misrepresentation-fraud-dishonest-business-practices-Rancho-Mirage-Califo-1014127. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fifth Tile