Complaint Review: Figi's Gifts In Good Taste

• Updated: Sun, December 09, 2012

• Reported By: Bill Newton — Glendale Heights Illinois United States of America
Figi's Gifts In Good Taste
3200 S. Maple Ave. Marshfield Wisconsin 54449 Internet United States of America

Figi's Gifts In Good Taste Intentionally Shipped wrong product, will not refund. Internet

*Consumer Comment: I've been happy with Figi's for seven years or more

Ordered Plum Pudding for Christmas, express shipping on the 18th of December. They accepted the order, responded with two email confirming the order mentioning the correct item, sent another email mentioning the correct item to notify me it had shipped. The box from them arrived containing no plum pudding but petit fours. No explanation inside the box. Wiskey Tango Foxtrot.

But hey, everyone has a bad day right? So, after christmas on the 26th, I mosey on to their website to notify them of their error. I entered info into their web form, went through the steps ( right before submitting they suggested looking a particular FAQ entitled "My order received is different than the one I ordered". It turns out: this is their policy. They will ship you what ever the heck they want, if the item you specified is not in stock, while telling you that they did ship what you wanted.

Crazy!

So okay, they are pretty darn shady. That is a reason right there to avoid them, and a valid reason for issuing a chargeback on your credit card due to quality.

So, I'm a relatively nice fellow at the core. I did captialilze REFUND several times in my otherwise apologetic emails to let them know what I wanted. I wanted ( and still want) a refund. Well, I didn't get a respone for m the emails for a day, so I called them up to make sure that they knew what I wanted: a refund. The customer service guy was not apologetic at all, never thanked me for the buisness or apologised for their polociy or not having the item in stock, or lying in their shipping confirmation email. He simply gave me two options: I could get a store credit (WTF), or they could send the plum pudding now. I stated that I did not want the pudding, I wanted a refund. I made sure he understood that.

The next day, I get an emailed response saying that they had sent a letter by the us postal service explaining that they could not ship the pudding due to lack of stock, and they had sent the petit fours as a replacement. But, it noted that I had called and asked for the pudding to be shipped ( WTF). I did no such thing. There have been several emails each one asking for a refund. in the call I asked for a refund. Furthermore they had my email address, they had my phone number they could have emailed, called me mentioned what item they were actually shipping in the shipping confirmation email, ect...So I decided to call them up and reminded them that I wanted a refund not pudding. Moments before I called, I got another email confirming the shipment of plum pudding.

Okay, so I called them again expaling the situation in a calm, but firm voice. He kept sayign that it was not him that had done any of this stuff. I reminded him that he represented Figis. I was talking about what Figis the company had done. He stated that the pudding had already been shipped so no refund or store credit was possible, but was possible to get a store credit after the item arrived (What? Why? ) I said that was unacceptable, and would have to issue a charge back through my credit card company. He said that he would send it to collections if I did that. This is not allowed by any credit card company, it was clear he was trying to intimidate me to giving up.

So Here I am at rip off report telling everyone to stay away. I have also filed a complaint to the better buisness burureo. All I want is a simple refund.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2010 12:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Figis-Gifts-In-Good-Taste/internet/Figis-Gifts-In-Good-Taste-Intentionally-Shipped-wrong-product-will-not-refund-Interne-676232. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Figi's Gifts In Good Taste

I've been happy with Figi's for seven years or more

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

I've been ordering gifts from Figi's every Christmas for a number of years now. They've always gotten orders right. I couldn't be happier with them.

bullets