Complaint Review: Fiji Vacations

• Reported By: FijiTours — Irvine California United States of America
Fiji Vacations
711 West 17th Street Costa Mesa, California United States of America

Fiji Vacations Melissa Pomeroy RUDE DECEPTIVE CROOKS Costa Mesa, California

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: FRAUDULENT POSTING!!!!

Me and my husband booked travel to the South Pacific with Fiji Vacations. We were first aggressively pushed into staying at resort I had never heard of by Melissa, the owner. After weeks of harassment to book by phone and email( literally 6 calls per day by Melissa), we put a deposit on the tour which we we're told was refundable within 24 hours. I found out that the owner Melissa had substantially over charged me and had a negative relationship with many resorts for non payment. I immediately requested a refund within the 24 hour period. When I brought my concerns to Melissa SHE HUNG UP ON ME! I called back several times and at one point Melissa began using profane language stating that "IF I WAS TOO POOR TO GO ON A REAL VACATION MAYBE I SHOULD LOOK AT ORLANDO". I never received my money back and I will never do business with this company again and urge you to do the same. Melissa  Pomeroy is a snob and a crook. RUN FROM FIJI VACATIONS!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2011 09:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fiji-Vacations/Costa-Mesa-California-92627/Fiji-Vacations-Melissa-Pomeroy-RUDE-DECEPTIVE-CROOKS-Costa-Mesa-California-712646. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fiji Vacations

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

FRAUDULENT POSTING!!!!

AUTHOR: Melissa - (United States of America)

I am the person listed in this posting and am finding it hard to read as it is clearly false and we take slander very seriously. I challenge this poster to reveal themselves and provide the resort we "supposedly booked" and the dates of travel.

In the 12 years of selling trips to Fiji, I certainly have NEVER harrassed anyone to make a booking. I do 99% of my coorespondence by email as we keep all records in writing as a company policy so the claim that I called this person 6 times per day is purely a lie.

The second false statement is that we accepted the booking over the phone and offered a refund in 24 hours. Our company policy again, is the complete opposite of the claim by this person, we ONLY accept bookings in writing, and we have a $500 per person NON REFUNDABLE deposit policy on all bookings payable by credit card.

In order for us to confirm a booking the client signs, dates and faxes or scans the quote back to our offices with the deposit information filled in for payment via cc. At that time we process the non refundable deposit and confirm the booking for the client. This process protects us and the client from fraudulent charges. We have the actual signature on file and the client has recourse with their credit card compant if something was to go wrong. This person, whomever they are,  NEVER grieved their charges and as we assume NEVER booked anything with Fiji Vacations.

Additionally, it is common that we suggest resorts that are not familiar to the buyers as many of these resort are small boutique resorts. Fiji Vacations nor I have ever had a BAD reputation with ANY resort for non payment. I have countless resorts, airline representatives and competing companies that would all vouch for my ethics and reputation in the idustry.

The claims are without merit that I hung up, used profanity or suggested Orlando to anyone!

If anyone would like further support of my position I encourage you to contact me at Fiji Vacations.