Complaint Review: Filelater.com

• Updated: Tue, April 16, 2013

• Reported By: Annie — Puyallup Washington
Filelater.com

Filelater.com File Later, IRS.com Deceptive , Internet

I typed in IRS.gov and got diverted to IRS.com.  I was then diverted to File Later.  Unfortunately I didn't notice it, because I was in a hurry to get the late income tax filed and a check sent in.  I didn't know I used an outside company until I got a bill from my credit card.  I panicked when I realized I just sent them a whole lot of money, so I closed down all my bank accounts.

Kimberly from the company did return my call, but she told me the form wasn't accepted by the IRS anyway so I didn't need to worry.  They didn't even bother to tell me so I would have had lots of fees and penalties for non-filing.  I am still worried they are a scam.  We had to mail it and another check off to the the IRS anyway.  I would say don't use them EVER.  Double check what site you are on at all times.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2013 09:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Filelatercom/internet/Filelatercom-File-Later-IRScom-Deceptive-Internet-1043666. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Filelater.com