Complaint Review: Fileserves

• Reported By: mrMango — Internet United States of America
Fileserves

Fileserves Scammed my money Internet

*Consumer Comment: 2 nd scam

*Consumer Comment: found this on the terms page

I paid over $200 for lifetime membership at fileserves. I chose fileserves because it's fast and easily accessible so I can share my full HD videos i recorded from my travels and vacation trips. HD videos are usually in large size and I don't want to pay monthly fee to web hosts with limited storage, so it seemed like fileserve was the best option for the value and speed.

but guess what. Since megaupload is taken down, they banned my account for no reason. At first i thought they were shutting down, but no they're still up and running. I emailed and contacted support several times, and they accused me of violating their terms and service. How? All i stored in there are my videos from my digital camcorder to share with friends and family, around over 100gb of it. They won't even explain what exactly did I violate. Now i lost my money and worst all my videos that i stored on there.

stay away, bad business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2012 08:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fileserves/internet/Fileserves-Scammed-my-money-Internet-930653. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fileserves

2 nd scam

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

rebutts from not righteous is always scam

found this on the terms page

AUTHOR: Righteous1 - (USA)

22. Dispute Resolution Provisions.
The Agreement shall be treated as though it were executed and performed in New York, New York and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York (without regard to conflict of law principles). Should a dispute arise concerning the Site, Services, the terms and conditions of the Agreement or the breach of same by any party hereto, you may commence a formal dispute proceeding by completing and submitting an Initial Dispute Notice to us which can be found at here. We may choose to provide you with a final written settlement offer after receiving your Initial Dispute Notice ("Final Settlement Offer"). If we provide you with a Final Settlement Offer and you do not accept it, or we cannot otherwise satisfactorily resolve your dispute, you can submit your dispute for resolution by arbitration before a reputable arbitration organization as mutually agreed upon by the parties, in your county of residence, by filing a separate Demand for Arbitration, which is also available on the Site at here. For claims of Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,000.00) or less, you can choose whether the arbitration proceeds in person, by telephone or based only on submissions. If the arbitrator awards you relief that is greater than our Final Settlement Offer, then we will pay all filing, administration and arbitrator fees associated with the arbitration and, if you retained an attorney to represent you in connection with the arbitration, we will reimburse any reasonable attorneys fees that you incurred for investigating, preparing and pursuing the claim in arbitration. Any award rendered shall be final and conclusive to the parties and a judgment thereon may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. Nothing contained herein shall be construed to preclude any party from: (a) seeking injunctive relief in order to protect its rights pending an outcome in arbitration; and/or (b) pursuing the matter in small claims court rather than arbitration. Although we may have a right to an award of attorneys fees and expenses if we prevail in arbitration, we will not seek such an award from you unless the arbitrator determines that your claim was frivolous.
To the extent permitted by law, you agree that you will not bring, join or participate in any class action lawsuit as to any claim, dispute or controversy that you may have against FileServe and/or its employees, officers, directors, members, representatives and/or assigns. You agree to the entry of injunctive relief to stop such a lawsuit or to remove you as a participant in the suit. You agree to pay the attorneys fees and court costs that FileServe incurs in seeking such relief. This provision preventing you from bringing, joining or participating in class action lawsuits: (i) does not constitute a waiver of any of your rights or remedies to pursue a claim individually and not as a class action in binding arbitration as provided above; and (ii) is an independent agreement."

My consumer opinion is simple- Stay away from a service such as this. They end up have proprietary rights over anything you upload and store there. You basically handed over to them all your digital files never to be yours again. Go buy a second USB hardrive and store your items there. Its cheaper and allows you to maintain ownership. Sorry that you have had to endure this matter, its a wake up call though for others.