characterized

• Updated: Sat, April 13, 2013

• Reported By: Bon — Mars Pennsylvania
Fileyourtaxes.com

Fileyourtaxes.com Do not use to file PA tax return Internet, Internet

I used this service to complete a federal tax return and had no problem.  It was listed on the IRS website.

It also offered to complete the PA return.  I calculated my PA Income tax liability and then attempted to input the date into File your taxes.com.    However, when the service calculated my tax liability it did not include my rental income and expenses from Schedule E.

I emailed the company with my problem and they did email me back and said they corrected it.  However, the correction included the gross rents I collected buy did not offset the income with the rental expenses.

So, the first time they calculated my PA taxes, my liability was too low and after "their correction" the tax liability was too high.  At this point, I gave up.

Made me concerned.  I do not plan to use this service in the future.

FYI  You can efile your taxes for free on the PA Direct File website.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2013 12:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fileyourtaxescom/internet/Fileyourtaxescom-Do-not-use-to-file-PA-tax-return-Internet-Internet-1043011. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fileyourtaxes.com