Complaint Review: Fileyourtaxes.com

• Updated: Tue, March 02, 2010

• Reported By: Neo — Los Angeles California United States of America
Fileyourtaxes.com

Fileyourtaxes.com "FREE" California State Income Tax E-file = $26.95 Internet

I went to the California Franchise Tax Board to see which sites would allow me to free e-file my State income tax for 2009.

I found fileyourtaxes.com as an option, which in the details stated that if my income was under $20,000 I would be able to file for free.

After spending the time to put in the information and before it came to e-file fileyourtaxes.com simply said I had to pay $26.95 for the building of my tax statement and to put in the credit card information.

There was no explanation WHY they were charging me this, nor was I warned that I didn't somehow qualify for the free file (if any).

Use Turbo Tax, skip these guys.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2010 04:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fileyourtaxescom/internet/Fileyourtaxescom-FREE-California-State-Income-Tax-E-file-2695-Internet-576961. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fileyourtaxes.com