Complaint Review: FilipinoCupid.com

• Updated: Sun, June 09, 2013

• Reported By: Jaymac77 — Other
FilipinoCupid.com
2502/ 5 LawsonSt. Internet USA

FilipinoCupid.com aka Cupid Media Pty. Ltd, Ecom Holdings Pty. Ltd. Paid $35 for membership upgrade to a dating service; after 2 weeks of calling & e-mailing still no reply... Internet

I first joined FilipinoCupid.com in the hopes of meeting someone new and exciting overseas.  I am the last person you would ever think of joining an online dating service, but I did some research and FilipinoCupid,com was rated highly by several independent parties and SEEMED reputable...boy was I dead wrong!

It all started about 3 weeks ago.  After some minor hesitating, (because I was afraid of getting RIPPED OFF,) I decided to give it a go and initially membership is free.  After a short time it dawned on me that as a free member, I could only browse around and view others profiles; like I said before I am really new to the online dating scene.

To be able to send emails and instant messages, one needs to upgrade to either a 1,3,6 or 12 month subscription.I opted for the 1 month "platinum" membership just so I could be able to communicate with others and get an initial feel of the website...that is when all of the trouble started.

I initiated an online bank transfer for $34.95 USD, and was reassured by the website that the transfer was safe and secure; and would take 5-7 business days.  After 1 week, I started to get that suspicious feeling deep down. I e-mailed the company what was taking so long, and they said they never got my payment; "they are sorry for this inconvenience and will launch an investigation immediately."

They then instructed me to get a copy of the bank transfer, and fax it over.  I did that (@ the extra cost of $10 for an international fax) and it went through succesfully.  That was 3 and 1/2 days ago, and after multiple phone calls and e-mails during and after business hours (Australian Eastern Std. time) still no response.

Right now, I just want some answers.  I'm not even thinking of the damn dating aspect of the equation.  It would be nice to get the money back, but now I'm starting to not even care about that, either.  Now, all I want is to find out if they're legit, and if they aren't; that they be held accountable for their improprieties and punished to the fullest extent so no one else has to suffer.  Thank you for your time.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/09/2013 06:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FilipinoCupidcom/internet/FilipinoCupidcom-aka-Cupid-Media-Pty-Ltd-Ecom-Holdings-Pty-Ltd-Paid-35-for-membersh-1057769. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FilipinoCupid.com